I use character animation in two directions, such as left direction and right direction. How to set character animation parameters?
  • I assume this is for 2D?
    Are you using a built-in control?

Generally, that'd work similar to the animation setup explained in the 2D quickstart tutorials, but instead of using 4 directions you'd just use 2 (e.g. 0-1 for one direction, 2-3 for the other).

Or, just have animations for one direction and flip the sprite (negative scale on the axis). The built-in Top Down 2D player controls have an option to flip horizontally or vertically.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes, 2D games.
    I fixed the problem with the two-direction animation, but I had some problems with grid warfare, where I enabled the Rotate to cell function and the character couldn't face the enemy correctly.
    Through observation, I found that there would be some deviation in z-axis rotation of sprite
  • That's why the 2D tutorials use a setup where the root can rotate and the sprite is a child object with a Face Camera component to always have it rotated correctly toward the screen.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!