edited March 2023 in ORK Support
Good morning,

I am finalizing my menus and I encounter two problems:

-the first is that I would like to display the shortcut slots exactly the same way as the equipment slot (name of the slot + a location for the equipment), but for the moment nothing is displayed unless I put the shortcut HUD in autodisplay with the open menu condition but which makes it appear in all my menus (I followed the two tutorials to create the HUD and the shortcuts that will be used + the shortcut config).
The second and the one that bothers me a little more is that I would like to make sure that in my combat menu (turn based grid battle) only the skills assigned to a shortcut slot appear (always in the form of a list like a classic combat menu) but I don't see any use conditions available for it, only for slot classes and slot equipment. Is this something that hasn't been implemented yet?

To be more precise the final objective would be to have 5 skills per character displayed (but the characters can have more than that) in a screen menu and limit slots to skill types
e.g. slot1 can only equip "Active" abilities and slot 2 only "support" type abilities
Only those equipped skills would be usable in the Battle Menu.
is this doable?
Post edited by omeegaa on
  • edited March 2023
    1) Well, that depends on how this should work.
    There are multiple ways to do shortcut assignments - e.g. using sub-menus in inventory or ability menu parts, which in turn use their own UI box where you can add the slots like for equipment slots.

There's also the Multi Slot menu part where you can set up all slots (shortcut slot, equipment slots, etc.) similar to the equipment menu.
    That's probably the best way to handle this, as you can define what's available to 'equip' per slot you set up.

Or just displaying a HUD while displaying a menu screen to use drag+drop assignment between them. The easiest way to add that to a specific menu would be to set it up as a HUD template (i.e. not auto displaying it) and adding a Combatant menu part that uses the HUD template for the content.

2) The Shortcut Slot type for your battle menu options is exactly for that. It displays the content of a shortcut slot and it's available for use just like the regular attack or an ability/item option in the battle menu.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • 1/The final goal would be to display a set of shortcut slots that can "equip/assign" certain ability types only.
    For a concrete example, the first two slot shortcuts in the list could only equip fire-type abilities and the last three only water-type abilities, which would be passive abilities not actively usable in combat and which would give boosts of stats. Knowing that the player could have fifty skills in all in their list but only those "equipped" in the shorcut slot would produce effects.

So far all I've seen is that I can possibly pre-assign a defined ability but that's not what I want.

As for the multi slot menu, in fact absolutely nothing is displayed in the boxes apart from 1 content message on one of them, I tried to fill the prefabs with content shortcuts, prefabs of button +info etc but it does not change the result.
    Knowing that my characters how without skills assigned to the slot, I enter the menu assign them then go to the menu that uses the multi slot content (there is only this menu part in this screen menu). But in any case it does not allow no choosing slots like the part equipment menu wich could be a great addition.

2/ I found it ,and seems to work for me ;)

For the active skills I found well for the combat menu but for the passive ones, even if I can put a "use condition" with the bonus templates, there is nothing that refers to equipped shortcuts or type shortcuts like the equipment slot type for example.

I think that as far as possible it would be necessary to add a sort of sub-menu equivalent to "equipment slot set templates" + status conditions which allows you to target a specific shortslot as well as some status conditions for these shortcuts.
    For example, having the same thing as the equipment part which is very well supplied:
    - have shortcut types
    -have a template slot system for shortcuts
    -in the conditions to be able to refer to certain slots either by their type or by their index to say for example skill X usable if in the slot index X, ability type Y is equipped (there is something quite similar to that with the status class condition). Additions of this type would really facilitate and open up other possibilities for using shortcuts because very honestly I find the use really abstract compared to the rest of the modules contained in ORK^^
  • 1) Did a quick test to make sure the Multi Slot menu part works - and works fine for me.
    For shortcut slots, it'll list the content that's set up in the menu part's slot and allows mixing e.g. abilities and items, limit by type, etc.
    Make sure your setup is correct, e.g. enabling Add Active Abilities to have learned abilities of the combatant (for base attacks enable Add Attacks).

Passive abilities can be set up to be toggled on/off by the player via the Passive State Type setting (in the ability's Ability Settings). Otherwise, they're always 'on' and give their bonuses to the user.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • 1/Ok if it works for you thats mean my settings are wrong or something is missing ,I will dig deeper tonight but didn't see anything weird in my settings.

Do you mean making appear a slot that contain ability type I want to equip go throught making a menu part ability displaying only the type I want and using shortcut slot as content layout prefab?

I will look that passive parameter tonight but I think like the other things I looked before I will be stuck when choosing the condition because there are no such condition like "if a ability is in a shortcut slot Y , do that"
  • omeegaa said: Do you mean making appear a slot that contain ability type I want to equip go throught making a menu part ability displaying only the type I want and using shortcut slot as content layout prefab?
    No, the Multi Slot menu part lets you add slots and set up the content that's displayed for them right there in the menu part's settings. No need to have that on content layout or prefabs.