I'm using the tutorial project as a base for what I want to do. In player controls, am I using mouse control? I understand how to create using the XY planes but I need a bit more help with isometric. I want to do a tactics style game with a grid layout similar to Cubsis. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Are you going for 2D or 3D?

Generally, that's all just a form of styling, e.g. for 2D having tiles that look like this, rotating the grid, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2023
    So, I think I get it now but how do I align the grid with my level background?

Edit: I rotated the battle grid parent and aligned it that way, now I'm just making adjustments in photoshop.
    Post edited by TheGovernor on
  • I’m trying to do isometric 2D. I’m currently having trouble with the grid. I’ve lined the grid perfectly to the tilemap in game view. Only problem is that in scene view the grid is slanted and not touching the tilemap. So when I try testing I can’t interact with half the grids. It’s acting as the other half are blocked even though I specifically check that they aren’t. I’m stumped and have been trying to fix it all day.
  • Hm, can you show me some screenshots of what's going on?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!