Dear developer,

I searched and notice this is asked in another discussion "Using a horse", but I am not clear how to integrate both assets.

I would like to use traversal features from HAP and the rest handle by ORK Framework.
By traversal, I would like to use walk, run, swim, climb and riding feature from HAP.

Can you share a step by steps guide regarding this?

Malbers did provide general integration guide but it is limited to Riding only.

Thanks and regards,
Wolf
  • edited March 2023
    I don't really known/own the asset, so I can't give you a step by step guide to do it.

For general information on using custom controls, please check out this documentation.
    In short - you need to register the custom control component with ORK/Makinom in the editor. Depending on how the control works, it might require some changes to it's code or a wrapper component between ORK and the control. ORK blocks controls by disabling the control component.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks this is really helpful for me :D
  • Sorry for not being able to help more - better integration for Malber is on my to-do list, though :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • In that case, is there any ETA? :P
    Currently I am learning about ORK Framework, really love it :D
  • No ETA available.
  • Stupid question here, if I decided to use HAP controller for the player. Is that mean all features like interaction, attack etc all will handle by HAP right?
  • @Woofur1n3 I made a few videos last year integrating Malber's Animal Controller, since HAP Controller core is Animal Controller, those might help you getting started.

How-to ORK Framework3 - Integrate Malbers Animal Controller Part 1

Hope it helps
  • edited March 2023
    @Woofur1n3
    Well, maybe, but actually no :D
    If you want to use ORK/Makinom interactions (e.g. interaction machines, item collectors, etc.), you still need an Interaction Controller on your player (e.g. automatically added via the prefab setup) and start interactions via the Interact Key.
    Same goes for attacks, abilities, etc. - they're an ORK feature, so they need to be used in some way to do their thing.

So, if any of that should be used from HAP (or any other control), that needs to be hooked up to call ORK/Makinom functionality.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • @RustedGames

Thanks I will have a look.

@gamingislove Nice, my original plan is purely using HAP for traversal. I would like to use ORK/Makinom for the rest. I went through a few tutorial specially the status system. I really love them!
  • @gamingislove

I noticed that Cinemachine camera from HAP is working fine with ORK Framework without "ORK_Cinemachine_CameraControlWrapper" script.

In that case I does not need this right? Or I should keep it to prevent unforeseen bug?
    Currently this script is added to Control Behavior.
  • The wrapper is used to set the cinemachine's target to ORK's player (or whatever else you set as camera target during the game) - that's probably handled by HAP.
    It's probably better to keep it, e.g. for having ORK to be able to enable/disable camera control.
  • @gamingislove Thanks for the reply.

The wrapper is used to set the cinemachine's target to ORK's player (or whatever else you set as camera target during the game) - that's probably handled by HAP
    Yup HAP is handling it by using "Transform Listener"

It's probably better to keep it, e.g. for having ORK to be able to enable/disable camera control.
    In that case I would keep it :)
  • @gamingislove

I have additional questions regarding HAP integration.
    Since I am blocking player/camera controller in ORK Framework in order to use the controller from HAP, am I right to say that I have to handle all inputs using HAP Controller?

Or I am actually able to mix them? For example, HAP handle only traversal related inputs while ORK handle combat related inputs (Attack / Dodge)

If the inputs are unable to mix, in order for HAP and ORK Framework to work well together I should:
    1. HAP handle all inputs related work ( Traversal/Attack/Dodge/Interaction)
    2. ORK Framework handle the backend (Damage/Status/Shop/UI/Inventory/etc.)

Is my understanding correct?

• You can mix. Using HAP controller naturally uses it's own inputs for it's control, but ORK still uses it's own inputs that you've set up to do stuff, e.g. control maps to use actions.

Also, you can use ORK's input keys via scripting, i.e. you can also change HAP's script to use ORK's input keys if you want :)
  • @gamingislove

Thanks a lot for the clarification. :)

In that case I will go with the mix inputs method for now ^^