• @Machal
    I tested it in a standalone HUD.
    Manually creating a HUD and setting stuff up like that in a running game will probably not work.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I haven't tested this thoroughly, but it seems if you "Show" a battle grid during battle, hide it and then attempt to show it again, it will no longer appear.
    I'm curious if it's something wrong with my end but I'm not even sure what could be the cause.
  • @Dre788
    Seems like that's bugged - if you enable Destroy it'll work, though.
    Will fix that in the next update.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove
    Ok, I have a new problem, this one is a bit of a doozy. If I save my game and load that save, the main character and it's starting items are carried over to the loaded state. As you know, I can't start the game without there being an Active Player but there's no way to effectively remove the active player before the loading happens to prevent this doubling process. Is this intended behavior? I was under the impression all the starting data is over written once a save state is loaded.
  • @Dre788
    I'm not sure I follow ... are you loading a saved game or starting a new game?
    Generally, starting a new game will use the start game schematic, loading the game will load the saved data to restore the player.
  • @gamingislove
    Ah, I see. I don't use the Start Game Schematic, nor do I use the Start Menu UI at all. In the Ork Game Starter I only selected Start Game. I created my own start menu since I just use a single scene in this game. At the start of the game I use the node Join Group for the main character. This is so the game will start properly. If I save and load that save after restarting the game, there are now two main characters instead of the one. Is this because I don't use the Start Menu UI or the Start Game Schematic?

Here is a video showing you what's happening.
    https://files.catbox.moe/0i1enp.mp4
  • @Dre788
    Sounds like you run your initial schematic again due to loading into the scene where it's set up.
    Since you're using a custom start menu, I'd recommend to instead of having the game starter always start the game, to call the start game functionality in Makinom:
    Maki.Game.NewGame(true, true);
    First bool parameter sets if variables are intialized, 2nd bool parameter sets if loading the new game scene is blocked (so set that to false if you want to load the new game scene).
  • edited March 2023
    @gamingislove Hi GiL, this came up from someone asking about it, but if you open multiple Makinom Windows in a project, having them both on Schematic or Schematic/Formula throws the following errors:

This one throws twice (one for each window I assume)NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.FormulasTab.ShowSettings () (at <cd40fd32b01e4367a894abd15b5ec20c>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.FormulasTab.ShowTab () (at <cd40fd32b01e4367a894abd15b5ec20c>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.BaseEditorSection.ShowTab () (at <cd40fd32b01e4367a894abd15b5ec20c>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.MakinomEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at <cd40fd32b01e4367a894abd15b5ec20c>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition) (at <57a8ad0d1492436d8cfee9ba8e6618f8>:0)

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced.
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

Not sure if we're expected to be able to see formulas/schematics on both (or the single view in one window), but they asked if it was possible to view multiple pages of schematics / formulas, and I was curious to check the multi-window and this was the result.

Edit: Interestingly it doesn't happen to them, just me. I'm on Unity 2021.3.21 while they're on 2020.3.22, both on newest ORK though.
    Post edited by Acissathar on
  • @gamingislove
    Sounds like you run your initial schematic again due to loading into the scene where it's set up.
    Yeah, that was the problem. I didn't even consider the fact the scene was being reloaded. It was an easy fix now that I know the real culprit, everything is working as expected now. Thanks!
  • @Acissathar
    Also not happening for me, checked with 2020.3.0, though.
  • So it's not happening in a new 2021 project for me either, might just be interacting with one of my Editor scripts or something. I'm good to just blame it as a fluke and ignore it :)
  • I'm getting some bug like behavior when Delete File Question in the Save Game Setting is enabled. If you create a new save, then open the save menu again and attempt to delete the save, the Delete File Question will not appear.(Okay, I can't seem to repeat this behavior, ignore this for now)
    Also, if you are using keyboard/controller input and close the Delete File Question you completely lose focus to the Save/Load menu. The only way to get it back is to hover the menu with the mouse. (This is not working for sure)
  • @Dre788
    Did some tests, not happening for me - since you're probably using Focus Cursor Over, is there any other UI box open at the time?
  • @gamingislove
    There are no other boxes open besides the Save Box and the Delete File Question. Here is a video of the behavior that is happening.
    https://files.catbox.moe/erl9ae.mp4
    After I click No, the focus is lost to the Save Box. I even tried disabling Focus Cursor Over, the same thing happens.
  • @Dre788
    Might need a Unity test project for that - working fine on my end.
    If there's only one UI box open, that'll automatically receive focus when the other UI box was closed.