Hello.
Is there a way to move combatants in 8 directions on the grid?

Grid Type is Square.
For example,
if I enter right, it will move to the right cell.
If I enter upper left, it will move to the upper left cell.
  • Sure - in Battles > Battle Grid Settings > Move Command enable Diagonal Move in the pathfinding settings to allow diagonal movement.

Though, based on your description - are you using inputs to directly move on a cell instead of selecting a path via the Grid Move command?
    In that case, you can just move diagonally like you do left/right or up/down movement on the grid, i.e. check the player input and select the next cell to move to based on that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I'm trying to move it directly with the input.
    (Ultimately , If I can move the player one cell at a time by tilting the controller stick, that's fine. With or without the Grid Move command. )

I can check the player input. But I don't know how to select the next cell. For example, can I select the cell to the right of the player cell?
  • Use the Select Grid Cells node - it can e.g. use a battle range template to select a specific cell around a defined origin cell/combatant and store that into selected data. Afterwards you can just move to that stored cell like in a grid move schematic.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • thank you. That helps a lot. I will try.
  • ssssss
    edited April 2023
    Hello.

Are there any nodes that give the player experience Reward?
    Or, Is there a node that makes ORK think the player has killed the enemy?

I can have enemy combatants and set Experience Rewards.

【postscript】
    Sorry, I found a solution myself.
    I created an ability that passes experience points to the opponent. I made the enemy use this ability when the enemy's HP became 0.
    I used the Use Ability Calculation node.
    My method may be a little weird, but it worked.
    Post edited by sss on
  • edited April 2023
    Well, there are multiple nodes for that :)

First of all, you can use the Set Attacked By node to set a combatant to be attacked by another combatant, i.e. you can register an enemy being attacked by the player like that.

Otherwise, you can use the Add Experience Reward to add exp to the battle gains (independent of enemy combatant being attacked by player) or the standard Change Status Value node to directly add experience to the player's combatant.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Thank you very much, solved it.
  • ssssss
    edited April 2023
    Hello.
    How do I use items (eg potions) from the Menu Screen?

UI > Menu Screens
    Add Menu Part > Inventory 0 > Sub Menu Settings > Add Menu Item >Menu Item 0 >Menu Action.

I have selected "Use" in Menu Action but it doesn't work.
    ↓The error message is just displayed on the console.
    "Trying to create a UI box without a selected UI box.
    UnityEngine.Debug: LogWarning (object)"
    How can I use "Use" in Menu Action?

As an alternative , I also considered using "Schematic" instead of "Use" in the Menu Action. However, I couldn't figure out how to find out what item is currently selected (e.g. potion, high potion, or something else).So I can't use items.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    【postscript】
    Sorry, solved. After some time, I found a solution.
    It worked fine when I changed the Target Range of inventory 0 from Group to User.
    thank you very much.

I also found this description.↓
    - Schematic:
    Starts a schematic, using the selected item/ability/etc. as (local) selected data with the key 'action'.
    Post edited by sss on
  • sss said: "Trying to create a UI box without a selected UI box.
    This error message hints at the system trying to show a UI box that wasn't selected or set up correctly. Based on your solution, you probably didn't set up the combatant selection dialogues (UI > Combatant Selections), which pop up in menu screens when selecting a combatant as target for some action.
  • ssssss
    edited April 2023
    I noticed that Use item needs to set Combatant Selections. thank you.
    Post edited by sss on
  • edited April 2023
    Yes, if the menu screen part is using Group target range, i.e. can target all combatants instead of only the user.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • ssssss
    edited April 2023
    Hello.
    UI > Menu Screens
    Add Menu Part > Inventory 0 > Sub Menu Settings > Add Menu Item >Menu Item 0 >Menu Action.

I chose Schematic.
    "- Schematic:
    Starts a schematic, using the selected item/ability/etc. as (local) selected data with the key 'action'."

I confirmed that there is a Selected Data "action".
    Is it possible to get the name of the item(That is, the name of the item stored in "action".)?
    ''< name > ''is blank even when using "Store Selected Data Content Node".

I'm sorry, I was just mistaken. No problem.
    Post edited by sss on
  • ssssss
    edited April 2023
    Hello.
    UI > Menu Screens >Inventory 0 >Use Sub Menu Settings

Is it possible to change which Menu Item is displayed depending on the selected item (or by its item type)? Or, just changing the text is enough.
    "Menu Action" is "Schematics"

(Example 1)
    Item type: food
    Item name: Meat
    Sub Menu>Menu Item>Text
    "eat"

(Example 2)
    Item type: Potion
    Item name: Magic Potion
    Sub Menu>Menu Item>Text
    "drink"

It would be nice to be able to change the text depending on the item (or item type) like this.

In "Use Conditions", it would be easy if "Condition Type" had "ItemType".
    It is easy if I can check if the item type of the selected item matches the Condition item type.

I'm sorry if I'm asking you something unreasonable.
    I wish I could, but it doesn't matter if I can't do this.
    Post edited by sss on
  • Sorry, the previous question has been resolved.
    ORK already had such a feature.

"Use Conditions"
    I found an explanation.
    "The local origin for variables will refer to the content of the action, e.g. the variables of an item, ability, or equipment."

Inventory > Items > Item Variables
    After setting it, it was resolved.
    I was able to change the text displayed for each item.
    Thank you.
  • ssssss
    edited April 2023
    Hello, I have a question about the UIbox that displays the inventory.

For example, let's say you can have up to 20 items.
    I want to display 1 to 10 on the 1st page of UIBox and 11 to 20 on the 2nd page of UIBox.
    Left and right inputs switch pages.
    It loops in one page by inputting up and down.
    Is that possible?

Roguelikes use the inventory thousands of times, so I would like to implement this feature to my game.
    Allows players to quickly select items.

Post edited by sss on