edited April 2023 in ORK Scripting
I am using my own custom camera controller. I would like to know the best way to get all the participants that are involved in an attack (both the attacker and all the combatants that are being targeted) in a turn based grid battl. And the best way to know when that attack has ended.
Post edited by CobaltBlue73 on
  • This is best done via schematics animating your actions, e.g. using the start/end schematics for all abilities and items like the 3D RPG Playground tutorials did it for camera changes.

Those schematics are used before/after all abilities and items (unless they are set up to not use them) and have access to the user (Machine Object) and targets (Starting Object) of the action.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2023
    Thanks, the methods you shared seems to work for abilities. But I would also like to focus the camera on a combatant when they are moving as well (in battle).
    Post edited by CobaltBlue73 on
  • Well, in that case you need to add that to your grid move command's schematics. Either adding the same schematics or making it part of the grid move schematic.

Also, the battle camera (Battles > Battle Camera) can automatically perform camera changes, e.g. transfering camera control on the latest action user.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!