edited April 2023 in General Support
I have setup status developers like Tank, Physical DPS etc. which automatically develops status values and their max when combatant levels up.
Is it possible that I do not use this and give a random development point to user and give a UI to consume these points on whichever status the user prefers to.

https://ibb.co/C6BH4wS
LevelUp
Post edited by MehranGul on
  • Yes, that's possible.
    E.g. use another Experience type status value with:
    - experience type: None (i.e. doesn't level up the combatant)
    - earn on level up: Enable
    Now, add it to your status development and define how it'll progress on level ups, e.g. using a formula to add a random amount.

You can use that exp status value to increase other stats in 3 ways:

1) Status developments can define status upgrades.
    They can be used in menu screens with the Status Value Upgrade part.

2) Menu screens with a Status Value Distribution part can use them for status point distributions.

3) Research trees can use them for status upgrades, similar to the status development.
    Again, menu screens can display them :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thats great. Thank you

Thank you, can I get tutorial url for these? I want to do "Status Value Distribution"
  • Not much to do there - just set up the menu screen with a Status Value Distribution part.
    All the setup for this is in the menu part, i.e. what's used as points to distribute, which status values can be changed and how much it costs, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2023
    seven

1. Title content is not getting value text from menuscreen settings.
    2. on,cancel buttons and title are disabled, I can not find their settings to enable them in menuscreen.
    3. In Status Value Distribution part; I have 5 status points and want to use them on maxhp. with value 1 for 1. Don't know why the slider is limited to 0-to-2.5
    Post edited by MehranGul on
  • Aprt from above, I need help to debug the following issue.

On adding accept and cancel input. or any one of them, the menu don't load and throws index out of bound exception.

9-2
  • 1-3) Can you show me your Status Value Distribution menu part's setup?

Ok/Cancel button error - I assume you have a regular button prefab set up?
  • IntButtons

You are right, Ok/Cancel buttons error went when I set up a custom prefab for buttons.
    Also, I used IntButtons instead of intSliders and the task was complete.

Thank you very much for quality support.
  • You can also set up the default input prefabs in UI > UI System as e.g. explaind in the initial setup tutorial for Unity UI.
    That way you don't have to use custom prefabs in your individual UI setups (e.g. menu screens).
  • Can I show Icons with these ?
    Using IntButton as input here, tried adding image content, even extra content with but didn't worked. Is there any possibility for this ?
  • Sure - you can either use the text codes listed in the status value inputs to add them to the text, or define the icon in the input content.
  • Status-Value-Distribution-2
    SS 1

Status-Value-Distribution
    SS 2

Status-Value-Distribution-3
    SS 3

Question 1
    When setting "Show Portrait" is there any way I can lately send message or call some code on the Portrait View prefab. Like playing an animation when some status value is increased. or current combatant is changes.

Question 2
    There is option to setup next and previous keys to change combatant, but im building for mobile. Can't see any possibility to have swipe or ui buttons do the next/prev job. Is it possible?

Question 3
    When I change the combatant. How will my UI change portrait for combatant. (new prefab may be). For instance, I am in status value distribution menu and can switch between combatants. but the portrait don't change.
  • 1) Hm, not sure ... maybe by having an Auto Machine on your prefab that reacts to changes (via Add Notify Start start types).

2) You can add virtual controls via a control HUD, e.g. check out this example tutorial.
    For swiping, you can go via custom controls. Not sure if Unity's input actions support it, if yes, you can use this extension to add input actions as input origins.
    If not, you can hook up a 3rd party or custom swiping implementation either via the Custom input origin or by writing an extension for it.

3) What's your setup?
    Usually this should happen automatically if this is part of the menu screen, e.g. via Combatant menu part using the Current combatant scope (i.e. the menu user). Changing the user will update the part's content (e.g. via a used HUD template).