Hi,

I am following along with the 2d RPG Quickstart tutorial to get a better grasp on all the options and I have run into a bit of an issue regarding battles, mainly battle spots.
When I test the random encounters in the Forest scene, the player combatant will sometimes not show in the battle scene or they will be in a weird spot (ie: top right corner or bottom left corner)

The enemy combatants will show sometimes, and not at all other times.
Sometimes the battle menu won't display randomly as well.

I have gone back through the tutorial steps, but I cant see to figure out where I went wrong.
I am sure I am missing something or have made a mistake during set up somewhere.
Can you help?
  • Seems like your battle scene's Spawn Point is just placed wrong :)
    It should be placed right in the center of the battle scene, i.e. at X=0, Y=0, Z=0.

Since this is a simple 2D battle scene, the camera control is blocked and the camera already placed looking at the area where you'd fight. The spawn point is used to place the incoming battle there.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you for the response. I will double check my settings after work and let you know how it goes.

Thank you for all the hard work you’ve put into this asset. It really shows, especially with the excellent documentation and tutorial resources you’ve provided.

Hopefully this solves my issue.
  • Did this ever get solved? I am having the same exact issue. I double checked my spawn point and it is in the right position. I double checked all my settings and I can't find any differences. Everything else works fine, its just the combatants don't get placed where they are supposed to be, and it is always random where they end up.