hello, how can i simply display a button on the game interface and make it execute my custom schematic node?

• ok, i know how to do it now.

• there is another issue... for example, when i use the hudclick component, i notice that there is a delay between multiple clicks. for instance, if i set it to execute a schematic on a left-click, it only executes the first click if i click multiple times in a short period of time. it will only execute subsequent clicks if the interval between clicks exceeds a certain time. i was wondering if it would be possible to add a custom setting for the interval between multiple clicks.
  • i actually want to implement a feature like this, for example, when i click a button, the current button will turn into a ui similar to a progress bar. after the progress bar is completed, my schematic will be executed… it seems difficult to implement, i don’t know how to achieve it.

• i understand how to do it, i just need to turn the schematic i need to execute into a skill, and then use it through the hud.

• edited May 2023
    Clicking in fast succession will let Unity interpret the click as double click, tripple click, etc. - so it no longer is a 1 click count.

As for the progress bar - using an ability is probably the best approach.
    Alternatively, there are also HUD value bar components to e.g. show a float variable.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • alright, indeed, using a skill is the most convenient way to do it.

• edited May 2023
    i have encountered an issue, for example: i have displayed a skill on the menu screen, and i do not want to use the method of calling the sub-menu. are there any other methods to call similar functions such as upgrade, use, etc.? for example, can i directly use the hud? however, i do not know how to add a button directly in the hud, such as clicking to upgrade skills, clicking to use skills, and so on.

because using sub-menus cannot achieve the ui layout i want, and sub-menus cannot display all the sub-menus under all skills at the same time, they can only display the sub-menu that appears after you click on a certain skill.

Post edited by ranwang520 on
  • You can change the default action of the menu part, i.e. the functionality is used on accepting something.
    Alternatively, the sub-menu can define input keys for the different options, i.e. you can directly use the functionality via the keys without opening the sub-menu.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • translate to english: what if it’s a mobile device?

• edited May 2023
    You can use virtual controls via a HUD, e.g. see this tutorial setup as an example.

They can be added to any HUD, e.g. also as part of a HUD template shown in the menu screen.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • I am using virtual controls, but I have found that if a virtual control is inside a button, clicking the virtual control will prevent the buttons within it from executing. In the screen menu → Abilities, each ability is wrapped in a button.

• That might be some layouting issue - the higher level virtual control (being a child of the button) should get the click and not the button below it.
    Can you give me details on your button prefab's setup with the virtual control? I can make some tests with that.
  • My rough idea is that in the screen menu and abilities, I use HUD and then put a virtual control on the HUD. As you mentioned before, I use buttons to execute submenus. At this point, if I click on an ability and it touches the virtual control, the focus won't jump to the section I clicked on.
  • Ah, yeah ... because the click is consumed by the HUD's virtual control and doesn't reach the button.
    You could currently use Cursor Over Selection (set up in UI > UI Boxes > General Settings to select the button/input the cursor is over.
  • Next update will forward click-selection to parent inputs of UI boxes if these clickable HUD components (e.g. virtual controls or HUD Click component) are used as part of an input.
    So, clicking on a virtual control as part of a button will also select that input button in the UI box.