I am currently following the written tutorial for the 2D RPG Quickstart and I am having an odd issue that the Battle Spots don't seem to work properly. Instead of spawning characters in at the set points for battles, it randomly spawns the player and the enemy around the map, with only sometimes actually appearing in view of the camera.

I saw another forum with someone with the same issue, and they got a reply that the Spawn Point might have not been in the right place. I double checked mine and it is in the right place. I am not sure what else in the tutorial can be effecting this placement. I downloaded the complete tutorial and went through each step to see if I could notice any differences and so far I haven't noticed any. I am not sure what the issue is. Any help on this would be great.
  • Make sure you've set them up correctly for the player and enemy section of Battles > Battle Spots. If the number of placed combatants exceeds the defined spots, the additional spot settings are used, e.g. using a random position.

Also, make sure you disabled using Place On Ground.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I double checked both the battle spots and also made sure place on ground was disabled. Both were set up correctly. I also downloaded the completed project to directly compare my own and see if I could spot the difference but the battle spot settings and the two scenes are set up exactly the same. I am not sure if any other settings could be affecting the position, but I don't think the issue has anything to do with these settings.

The only difference I can think of is that I am using a newer version of Unity than the one the tutorial was originally built on (2021.3.6 LTS). Im not sure if there are versions of Unity that are more buggy with Ork and I don't think thats the issue, but I thought it was worth mentioning at least.
  • Hm, only other thing I can think of is the general 2D setup done at the start of the tutorial series. They naturally have an impact on all placement stuff like that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!