Hi,

1) Im trying to display quest tasks in a horizontal order over the 'Info Box' (Quest Layout) in a 'Menu Screen' with a 'Quest' part. Am I right that you can only displaying it in a list?

I want to display the quest tasks from a quest in a horizontal order. It would be nice if you could display it in a custom way.

2) Another thing Im wonder is quest tasks have a own description, reward and so on. Is it possible to click on a quest task (as a button, see 1)) and open its own 'info-window' ?
  • edited May 2023
    The answer to both is using a HUD template in your quest layout - the quest layout's Message Content has the Add HUD settings for that.

Basically, you set up a HUD as template similar to a regular quest HUD, but instead of using an actual HUD, you use the quest prefab as the HUD's prefab. The quest layout displaying a quest will set the HUD template's content to the quest, so the prefab uses that quest for it's content, tasks, etc.

That way, you can do and style the quest layout however you want and add other functionality to it.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2023
    Ah okay, I havent see the Message Content. Thank you. And I think I can get this to work now.
    But I actually dont see the possibility to display a quests task rewards.

Edit - Its always possible to write rewards (and similiar things) in the description and style them the way you want.
    But Im asking because Im trying to get quest tasks to look like this:

Im trying this because Im using Quest Tasks as quest rows. However, I think this is also not possible with quests?
    Post edited by Tzunamii on
  • edited May 2023
    Yeah, rewards can currently not be displayed for tasks - neither in quest layout nor via HUDs.
    Will add new functionality for that in the next update.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2023
    Thank you!

Like you said Im now using a HUD for the Info Box in the Quest part of a Menu Screen. This works to style the layout like I want.

1) How can I show quest tasks on a single 'page'(e.g. UI Box) per task instead of a list (maybe via UI Box Tabs?). Or show a new window (with the task information) by clicking on a task (maybe via HUD click? But how can I pass the quest task information to the shematic which opens the Window).

I have absolutley no clue how to get this to work. If this is not possible I will simply change from Quest- >Quest Task to Quest Type - > Quest.

2) Is it possible to finish a quest via the menu screen? How can I handle this? And If I can get 1) to work, then I need this for quest tasks too.

What Ive actually tried is to select the quest via selected data if the user opens the menu screen (using the UI Box shematics). But the quest nodes doesnt offer the option to use selected data I have to select a specific quest.
  • 1) Currently you can't - there's no menu for showing task infos.
    You could e.g. add a HUD Tooltip component to your task prefabs and have a tooltip HUD display that information ...

2) No, quests are just displayed. Quest handling/progress is done via schematics (or auto conditions in tasks).
    The Change Quest Status node can use a quest stored in selected data.
  • edited May 2023
    Hmm, okay. I will try it with tooltips. Thank you.
    gamingislove said: The Change Quest Status node can use a quest stored in selected data.
    1) Yes that seems also important but I think I need at least one checking node like Quest Condition Fork or Check Quest Conditions with selected data to check my quests properly, right?

Edit - 2) Ive another question about Quest Task Requirement. I have the Quest Task Requirement List which shows only active Tasks (via HUD Quest Task Text Content with enabled Show Active) but the tasks requirements for inactive tasks are still displayed.

I have no option in the HUD Quest Task Requirement Text Content like Show Active.

Edit 2 - 3) How can I use (in the Notifications e.g. Task Notification, Item Notification) the contents icon? For example how can I display the items icon if a item notification is shown?
  • 1) Ah, yeah - will look into adding new nodes for checking a quest in selected data.

2) The HUD Quest Task Requirement List only shows the finish requirements of a quest task and has no setting to limit this to active tasks (only to define which requirements to list, e.g. finished tasks, items, etc.).
    You can use multiple HUD Quest Task List components to use separate prefabs for active and inactive quest tasks to show different information on them.

3) Hm, currently only via text code as part of the text.
    I'll look into adding an option to use the content icon instead of the defined icon.
  • Thank you very much.