edited May 2023 in ORK Support
I have a strange problem in the menu sreens. Maybe some settings are wrong. If I use the Menu List there exists the option for Is Menu.
Is Menu: The menu list is used as a menu, working similar to the 'Button List' part.
If disabled, the menu list is only used as a display, can't be focused (i.e. also doesn't display as not focused when other menus have the focus) and you can only switch between the menus using the 'Change Keys' or clicking on the buttons.
The initially selected menu screen will be opened automatically (unless used in a 'Single Screen' menu screen).
So if this is disabled my menu screen close immediately as soon as I open the menu. Regardless of whether I add a back button or not. (This was my first idea, because the back button was the first menu entry. But that shouldnt be a problem.)

Another similiar option is Open Selected.
Open Selected: Open the selected (not accepted) menu screen.
Works similar to the 'Multi' box menu mode available in other menu screen parts (e.g. inventory type>list box).
Both this and the selected menu screens need to have 'Single Screen' disabled for this to work properly.
And this does nothing in my case. The selected menu entry dont open.

Maybe I made something wrong, but it seems for me like a bug. My menu screens are not Single Screen, Close Focus Lost and 2nd Call Closes.

Edit - Dont want to open a second thread for this:
I have a schematic A which decide between to language to play an audio file. Two audio files are set in the settings so you can override it. But if I want to start this schematic A via Start Machine in schematic B and I overrides the two audio files (0, 1) it playes the standard audio files which sets in schematic A. Is it a Bug, or is Start Machine the wrong node?
Post edited by Tzunamii on
  • My first guess would be your call key being a Hold key, so the 2nd call comes immediately, closing it again.
    Otherwise, try disabling Close Focus Lost to check if it's working.

The Start Machine node would be the correct one - but override seems to be bugged. Will look into it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2023
    Thank you very much!

I solved it for me now. I disabled the Single Screen in the main menu and close the main menu in each individual menu in the Close Screens (Opening) section.

But here is the long description:
    I disabled Close Focus Lost and 2nd Call Closes but it didnt helped.

My menu is build as follow:
    - Main Menu
    -- Combatants
    ---> Equipment
    ---> Abilities
    -- Quests
    ---> Main Quests
    ---> Side Quests

... and so on

So press M opens the main menu in which you can open the combatant menu, from there you can open the equipment menu and/or the ability menu. E.g.
    Main Menu --> Combatant-Menu --> Equipment-Menu
    Now the main menu has a Button List for the menu entries and has Single Screen enabled. The combatant menu has a Menu List for equipment and abilities which should open the first selected entry (the equipment menu). Both the combatant and the equipment menu has not Single Screen enabled.

If I disable the option Single Screen in the main menu than it works and after opening the combatant menu the equipment menu opens immediately.
    Is that how it should work?
  • Yeah ... more or less - single screens can't really be mixed with non-single screens.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2023
    Just for my understanding :)

Main Menu(Single Screen, should be closed after opening a submenu)
    |
    -----------------
    | | |
    Combatants Quests ... (Not Single Screen)
    |
    |
    ------
    | |
    Equipment (Not Single Screen)
    Abilities

In my example, no menus are actually mixed at all. Since my main menu should only open a submenu and then be closed anyway. And only the two submenus should appear simultaneously.

The main menu only opens the submenu and should then close.
    The submenu then opens another submenu over 'is Menu' (if this is disabled). And as far as I understand it, only the two submenus shouldn't have the Single Screen option. Why does the first submenu close immediately when the 'Is Menu' option is disabled?
    (I hope I expressed myself correctly and described the situation correctly. Otherwise it's not that important. It works now :)))
  • Hm, that should probably work ... can you send me a Unity test project with your menu setup?
    You can reduce the size by deleting the Library folder fromt he Unity project's folder. Zip it up, upload it somewhere (e.g. dropbox) and send me the link to contact@orkframework.com.