Hello!
I was told to come here for support considering an odd issue I'm currently having.
I have a Global Machine that calls a schematic that causes the player to pass out at 2am and then sends them back home. However, when the player is sent back home, they disappear from the game/hierarchy completely. I'm not sure what's causing this and would love some help.
GIf of what happens: https://gyazo.com/4d827533cce5a3a0698d85cf8c2fa95a
What my schematic looks like: https://imgur.com/9b77VQi
  • Hm, the schematic is done after loading into the scene and re-enabling controls, so that should have no impact on that.

Based on the gif, I'd say there's something in the scene doing this, e.g. a Trigger Machine or Auto Machine.
    Is the player's game object destroyed or just disabled in the scene?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • There's only an Interaction Machine in the scene. I've also changed the player's respawn area to the World Scene (which only has Interaction Machines) and new Scene with only a plane in it and the player still disappears.
    I believe the game object is being destroyed because they are removed from the hierarchy entirely.
  • Do you have any machine components on your player that could destroy it?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • There's a Combatant Component and Move AI Component on the character
  • Hm ... strange. The combatant naturally doesn't just destroy itself, so something has to be set up to cause this. Maybe the combatant's health being 0, some schematic running from the previous scene that destroys the player or a conditional prefab on the combatant kicking in (without a prefab defined) ...

I'd need a Unity test project to check it out. If you can provide one, you can reduce the size by deleting the Library folder from the Unity project's folder. Zip it up, upload it somewhere (e.g. dropbox) and send me the link to contact@orkframework.com.
  • Sent it over!
    I'll keep checking to see if anything else may be triggering it.
  • Hm, didn't get an email yet - maybe me a PM in the forum with the link instead :)
  • My bad! I’ve been busy and will send it to you tomorrow!
  • No worries :)
    I'll be out of office the next few days, so I can probably look at it end of the week (or next week).