edited May 2023 in ORK Support
Hey, I have an ability where I want it to cost 6MP normally, 3MP if the target has the "Crummy" status effect made applied. It doesn't look like it actually checks the target regardless of what settings I use, but checking if the User has the status effect applied works normally.

When I look in-game the enemy definitely has the status effect applied and listed in the "Status Effect" ork combatant component, and the status effect does what it's supposed to otherwise.

Here are the settings I'm using currently for the attack

I've tried all the Auto Consume types, having a "Consume Costs" step in the event before the calculate (in case the problem was targets being cleared afterwards), having it only consume a cost if the status is applied, swapping the requirement out with different statuses but in every case the "Target" status effects seem to get ignored.
Post edited by Xavi on
  • Update: It looks like it checks if the user is under the status effect when I have the Use Requirements set to "Target", not the target.

Same thing happens when I tried the check in "User Changes" with the Use Requirements being "Target". It only fires when the user is under the status effect and doesn't check the target enemy at all
  • edited May 2023
    The use costs (and user changes) only know about the user, i.e. user is the user and target for those calculations. This is because use costs are independent of the target(s).

If you want to do target-depending user changes, you can set up a target change and use the Switch User/Target option to do the changes on the user instead.
    But keep in mind that this is done per target, i.e. if your ability/item uses group targets (or affect range) and has multiple targets, it'll do the target changes on the user for each target individually.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2023
    Followed the instructions and got that working, however now it seems to be adding back a random amount that's always 2 or 3 less than what's specified here and I have no idea why as i'm not using a formula/percentage or manipulating the User's MP anywhere else outside of the Use Cost being 6.

EDIT: It looks like the damage factor also affects the MP regain. The attack has a different damage factor based on a mini-game the player does before it and it looks like the damage factor set from that mini-game changes this value as well. Gonna figure out if i want to keep it that way, or just hardcode the check/regaining 3MP into the event

Post edited by Xavi on
  • Yeah, damage factor impacts that.

The only other way I see is using user changes - they are still independent of targets, but are calculated after targets.
    I.e. you can do something in the target changes (e.g. increase a counter variable via Variable change type) and have the user change be impacted by the counter variable.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!