edited May 2023 in ORK Support
Hi,
I have a question about shortcuts.

Im trying to assign a shortcut via schematics (Change Shortcut). The schematic have the equipment as selected data action. But the shortcut isnt assigned after the schematic runs.
Post edited by Tzunamii on
  • Beside the obvious things (e.g. make sure you use the correct combatant and shortcut list/slot), the combatant also needs to have that equipment in the inventory.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2023
    Okay, thanks. The following Ive checked:

1. I use only the group shortcuts (object: player). Before I set via Change Shortcut list index to 0.
    2. The equipment is inside the (group) inventory.
    3. In the selected data (using Store Selected Data Content's name of the action selected data) there are the right equipment.

What else can I check?

Edit - It works now :). Ive changed from Player to Machines Object. Thank you.

Have two question about it:
    gamingislove said: the combatant also needs to have that equipment in the inventory.
    1) That means that you cannot shortcut a equipped item? I noticed that the shortcut empties as soon as you equip the item (or use the shortcut). Is it possible to get this to work?

2) I also noticed if you try to shortcut a equipped item (via schematic) the item get lost as soon as you unequip it.

• 1) There is an option in UI > Shortcut Settings to Keep Unavailable and Show Unavailable shortcuts.
    I.e. you can still show shortcuts (but as inactive) that are no longer available - e.g. the equipment will still be displayed, but not useable due to already being equipped. Once it's back in the inventory (or the same equipment is available in the inventory) it'll become active and useable again.

2) Hm, can you go into detail what you're doing here?
    Since it's via a schematic, what does the schematic do (nodes, setup, etc.)?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2023
    1) Hm, the options are already active but the multi slot shows only the Empty Layout.

2) Okay:

Im using a menu screen with a Multi Slot part.
    The UI box from the "inventory-like" multi-box display uses an Input Selected Schematic . There, only the locally selected data (equipment) is pasted into the globally selected data.
    The Content Layout are displayed via an empty choice button with a HUD.
    The Empty Content Layout use only a choice button and the Unavailable Content Layout isnt set.

a) The first strange thing here is the first time the menu screen opens it shows the Unavailable Content Layout until I hover over the menu screen with the mouse. After that, I can open the menu screen as many times as I want. This error will not appear again.

b) Schematic:
  • 1) Seems to be a bug, will look into it.

2) Since it's a multi slot menu, which type of slot is this - e.g. equipment or shortcut?
    Also, unequipping - is this happening in the schematic or just regular unequip (e.g. via menu)? If via schematic, the Change Equipment node has the Keep Unequipped setting to return it to the inventory.

a) I'll need details on the menu screens (mainly the multi slot part, especially that slot where that happens) to do some tests.
    Though, if the unavailable content layout isn't set, how do you know that's what is displayed? Is it actually displaying some unavailable content or is the button just disabled (e.g. could be because that slot isn't available).
  • edited May 2023
    I tried to edit my post earlier when the ORK web server apparently had an error: so here is the missing sentence:
    There, only the locally selected data (equipment) is pasted into the globally selected data and Check Shortcut(Group, 0, 0) if it be the same with the selected data. If yes the shortcut will be removed through ORK and the schematic clears the selected data.
    2)
    It uses Shortcut as slot.
    Unequipping is via menu (no schematic) but in another menu screen while the "Shortcut"-menu screen is closed. Beside the item lost after shortcut a equipped item, the item normally returns to the inventory.

a) I use only one slot (Group,0,0):
    gamingislove said: Though, if the unavailable content layout isn't set, how do you know that's what is displayed?
    I assmue that because for testing I set the unavailable content to the same as the empty is. After that, the opening of the menu screen looks right. But I cant leave it like that, because otherwise a deactivated shortcut would look like an empty one (which I dont want right now :))
    gamingislove said: Is it actually displaying some unavailable content or is the button just disabled
    Actually It shows my HUD (like the content layout) but with an empty image (white rectangle) and no text. This change to the empty layout after I move my mouse over the Multibox. It looks like its only initialized properly when you move the mouse over the multi box part.
  • 1) Is definitely a bug - the multi slot menu currently doesn't show assigend but unavailable shortcuts (when those options are enabled in the shortcut settings).
    Will be fixed in the next update and probably also fix some of the other issues.

2) For unequipping removing the equipment instead of putting it back into the inventory I'll need a Unity test project with your setup. Check out this guide on how to proceed :)
  • 1) Great. Thank you. Like you said hope it will fix my other issues with shortcuts.

2) I sent you an email on 6/3. Just for info in case it didn't arrive.
  • 2) Got it and will look into it :)