edited December 2013 in ORK Support
Hi All,

I'm working on realtime battles, and I have to set up cooldowns for my abilities. But I'm a little bit lost :)

Isn't the Reuse After Time parameter supposed to be a cooldown? I Played with this parameter, but it has no effect.

Any idea?
  • edited December 2013
    Don't know if it helps, but I've found that in many cases when you create an event for an ability the settings in ORK for the ability no longer work and you have to find a way to set the properties up in the event itself. I have issues like this with status and status effect changes and such. You could always set up a Cooldown status value that goes from full to zero, have your events check the status value and only continue if it equals zero, then on completion set it back to 100 percent. This would also be cool because then you could have a cooldown bar in the HUD.
    Post edited by Ntelliware on
  • Thank you! I'm going to set up my own CoolDown system.
  • Ah, I noticed this issue as well. We should probably report this as a bug, since nothing indicates that the Reuse After Time parameter won't be used with events.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Most likely a bug, will look into it :)

@Ntelliware
    Are you using the Calculate steps in your events? Because that's required to actually do whatever you set up in the ability/item :)
    Same goes for special events like escape, defend, death, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • What I was saying is say I set up a healing ability, without an animation event it works fine. But if I add a simple event to perform the animation, the ability animates, but no longer works for changing status values and effects, I then have to add steps to the event to adjust status values and effects and such. Not sure if I had a calculate step in the event or not, though, didn't think it was required for a simple animation event. I will take a look at that!
  • As soon as you use a battle event to animate an ability, item or other battle action, you NEED to add a calculate step, or enable the Calculation Needed option in the event's settings.

Without a calculation, the actual settings wont be used and nothing will happen ... only the event steps that you're using in the battle event.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!