edited October 2014 in General Discussion
Playing Five Nights at Freddies on my iPad Mini for relaxation. Although the sounds at first were very jarring to my ears have gotten used to that. : )

I think this kind of game would actually be doable in ORK2---

it's interesting to think about---the control HUDs would help and the timers. : ) Right now can't think of anything that wouldn't work---you die when the electricity goes off and the monster gets through the door and pops out at you---Game Over. : ) If the electricity goes off and the monster doesn't pop out at you, you proceed to the next night--or you control things so the monster doesn't get in to eat you and you proceed to the next night. : )

It's not your classic role-playing game but interesting and extremely scary and probably doable. : )

It's the top-rated game in the asset store right now and since I hang out with people of about the age of 12, I got into playing it. : )

And then thinking---since I'm not very good at it---have not made it to the third night----how could this be done in ORK2. : ) Probably not too hard. : )

F.e., when you click on the button to check your security cameras, you really just see images (or levels) that show random backgrounds. So you might see that a monster was there or got out and then if it got out you might hear sounds near where you are. And you have to close your doors which is basically a Control HUD button that reduces your electricity over time and triggers an animation. : )

I could go on......

I also see how some of these elements could be used within a traditional role-playing game as traps and trap triggers and how ORK2 could probably do them. : )
Post edited by Catacomber on
  • Yeah, there's lots of stuff you can do with ORK Framework, but may be a bit complicated for easy tasks ...

I'm currently working on a new product (which is basically ORK's event system on steroids) to support all kinds of genres and gameplays :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh dang, that is fantastic news, GiL. Got any idea on when you'll release more info about it?
  • Probably soon, most of the crucial stuff is already implemented, just need to do massive testing with different game types :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Good news! Looking forward to it.
  • That's really terrific! Looking forward to it too! : )