edited December 2014 in ORK Support
I'm trying to use Mechanim Combatants with the Move AI. Nothing fancy yet, just trying to get them to move using Real Time combat like in the ORK demo Field/Combatant Spawner Area 1.

I've already overcome a few problems:
* Jittering between Walk and Run - Solved by enabling Use Position Change.
* Always Running - Solved by setting Automatic Move Animation/Minimum Run Speed to 3.5, the run speed threshold to 0.3 units and Movement Speed/Maximum Speed to 5.5 units.

OK, so two problems mostly down. :)

Now the main problem I have is that many of the Combatants stop moving because the waypoints are spawning under the terrain. Any way to solve this issue? All the Move AI/Waypoint settings are default as suggested by the tutorials.

I have tested this with a simple project using the ORK Demo and UnityChan. I can upload it if that will speed things up.
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Make sure to enable the Ignore Y Distance settings in the move AI (wherever a range/distance is defined). Or find out why your waypoints are spawning below the terrain :D
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • All the Ignore Y Distance were enabled. I made a mistake. This problem doesn't seem to be with the waypoints.

The Combatants that are far away (presumably not visible) have their Move AI remain in idle instead of patrol mode. When the Player Character moves somewhere in the scene within about 30 units of the Combatant, the Combatant resumes patrol.

I was testing this by just looking in the scene window, without moving the PC in the game window.

Is this a memory saving feature?
  • Yeah, that's a performance feature. You can change the range in Battle System > Battle Settings in the Move Range setting.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • OK that got it working. I had to set Battle System > Real Time Battles Range in Move Settings to a higher number.

Thanks for the help!