Hi! I'm new to ORK (and it's great!). I was wondering if there was a simple solution to class layering. Here's my example, I'd have each character's base class as their race, and they would be able to change actual combat classes during the game.

So the end result would be statistics and abilities that are the sum of those two (or more classes).

So, how about it?
// www.newrealitygames.co.uk \\
  • Currently not possible, but I'll look into it for a new feature.

The problem is that some parts of a class can't be added to a combatant multiple times, like equipment part settings could cancel out another class ... quite complicated :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh, that's a shame. I wonder, what about using 'class' as the race, and using 'status' for classes? Would I be able to affect skill learning this way?

I have a pretty precise design to mind... I suppose I could wait until the source code is released and hire someone to tinker with it. Unless you're free to take on a commission, of course! Do you do that? Private commissions?
    // www.newrealitygames.co.uk \\
  • edited January 2014
    No, status values don't affect learning abilities. Unless you're using ability trees with status conditions, but the player has to actively learn new abilities that way.

The source code is included in the Full version since the official release (so, since 2 days :D).

Yes, I also work on commission basis - currently it's a bit tight with the after release stuff, but in a few weeks it'd be no problem. Maybe it'd be best if you send me what you've got in mind and I can tell you more: contact@orkframework.com
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!