The first (official) year of ORK Framework is over - version 2.0.0 was released on January 15 last year. There've already been a lot of new features, big and small - and one question arises for 2015:

What big (or small) features would you like to see in ORK this year?
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2015
    @gamingislove

My game has cutscenes that use 2D animated sprites as actors. What I wanted for the actors was for them to play an animation (in my case, a talking animation) that loops until the dialogue finishes text-typing (basically syncing talking with text-typing). If the player were to press the Accept input key (in which it would end the text-typing early), the looping animation would also stop early. After the looping animation stops, there would be an option to loop a second animation (such as idle eye-blinking) until the next step occurs.

Post edited by Griffin on
  • edited January 2015
    First off, congratulations for the anniversary. :D

I haven't been too active here for the past few months because I've been plugging away at the 2D Toolkit aspect of making my game, so if any of these are already possible, just let me know. GiL's on the ball with countless requests, so it wouldn't surprise me at all. =)

-Multiple actions per turn in turn-based battles.

-Priority attacks that always go first or last in turn-based battles (that aren't active command).

-An option to hide abilities in the battle menu when they can't be used.

-Info text overrides in battles for each ability.

-Status effect types to sort with in the ORK editor. This wouldn't affect the gameplay like item types, but is just for sorting in the editor like formula types. So status effects could be separated into "Boost" type (raise/lower stats), "Ailment" type (poison, sleep), etc.

-A way for players to "register" favorite equipment setups that they can put back on a character quickly. I believe Kirb was the one who first requested this, but I'm pretty confident that it would be even more helpful for me than him. =)

I was going to say party chat too (i.e. the optional conversations in Bravely Default), but based on Griffin's comments I guess that's already possible.

Edit: Oh, and yes, I realize that multiple actions per turn and priority attacks might conflict with each other. In that case, I'd say turn order depends on the first action selected.
    Post edited by JellyPaladin on
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • edited January 2015
    @JellyPaladin

Yep! Very possible. In fact, ORK makes it a breeze. You'll be using the Show Dialogue step quite a bit, and you can choose your audio for each dialogue in that same step, as well as make the audio stop when that dialogue closes.

You could then of course add Animation steps between them for your actors. I personally was looking for a little more complexity with that!
    Post edited by Griffin on
  • Hi gil my requests would be :

-auto abilties (already requested), abilities that are automaticly done based on status condition

-Well, multiplayer support would be awesome i know that it will never happen but askin just in case :p

-a way to show a ghost object to see the direction or the position of the skill
  • edited January 2015
    I want to know if there is a way to change the Item Box ID through the event creator :).

I want to use this for an event where the mob dies and then the dead prefab is lootable.
    To have this work I would need to change the box id on the prefab to a new random box id and then activate the item collector and fill it with items.

I know how to do all of this except for changing the Box ID from the event creator.
    Post edited by Solist on
  • edited January 2015
    I'll wait until my betatesters are done with The Omber and then let you know. : ) My best tester just got a new PC and tests only on PC so am sure will have some request after he gets a chance to run through.

Loving what I have so far. I can't really think of any puzzle I'd like to do that I can't. But will try. : )

Can I do a rotation puzzle? Where you have to rotate a prefab east, north, south or west from it's original position to set a variable? : ) And then rotate its neighboring prefab to set another variable. And rotate another to set another variable. Like three squares ---not in order but just rotated in the right direction? And then set them all back to their original position if your rotation effort of any one fails?

I know I can check for those variables in another prefab. : )

If I can't I guess that would be nice. : )
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • @Solist
    You can already do that using the Change Fields step to simply change the boxID field (string) of the item collector component :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2015
    How should I type the names in the variable field?

Item Collector
    item collector
    ItemCollector
    itemcollector?

And box ID is just

boxID?

I'm just seeing if I'm using them wrong or not.

I also believe I might be using the activate component item collector event incorrectly.

I have the item collector script turned off until the mob dies, then the death event fires an activate component event to activate the item collector.

It doesn't work at the moment but that's why I'm testing it :p
    Post edited by Solist on
  • it turns out it was ItemCollector.

Got my loot system working now :).
  • As fairly new user of ORK, I feel like it has so many features that are being missed or being not frequently used because of its Editor GUI being crowded.
    And since GiL adds tons of new features with his every release :) I feel like this can be addressed this year.

-I might go for a revamped GUI editor for the new UI.
    -Full Mecanim and Navmesh feature support.
    -Some official 3rd party asset support.
    -New video tutorial series for a totally new project.
  • The ability to set the percent chance that a random step will be chosen from a set of random steps. For example, I have a teleporter with four random possibilities of teleporting the player to another area. Would like three to happen with about an 80, 60, 40 % chance and one to be rare so its chance of being selected randomly is 20% or so.
  • edited January 2015
    Also ability for monsters to steal items you have equipped. : )

Not just if you have it in inventory but if you have it equipped in your right or left hand.

It could create a little puzzle where sign before entering room where monster is says 'Beware the left-handed thief. ' So you keep your best left-handed equipped stuff in your inventory when fighting him.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • @Cat, for the chance one you can already do that - it's called Chance Fork in the event nodes :)
    My little chunk of the internet: http://artemic.com
  • This is probably gonna be a no, but I figure I'll ask here anyway.

Would it be possible to get some support for Pro users for Async loading operations on scene change? I'm toying with the idea that some of my bigger zones might need a loading screen and/or be loaded additive async in the background. As that's probably way too much, maybe a plugin callback to the scene changer so I could write it?
    My little chunk of the internet: http://artemic.com