edited February 2015 in ORK Support
I am using events to store my scene and then loading my battle scene. When storing a scene it only saves player position, rotation in the previous scene, correct? But what if I also would like to store other gameobjects in the scene, such as NPC's position, rotations? Or maybe even some data from other classes that is not in direct contact with ORK? Is it possible?

The reason for my question is: I want to have some complicated puzzles in my dungeons, but I do not want my dungeon to reset each time I return from a battle.

Thanks for any enlightenment regarding this. : D
Post edited by Tuxedose on
  • While you can somewhat save positions of game objects using the event system and game variables, it's probably better using 3rd party products to do this.

E.g. the free Unity Serializer can do that for you. Hooking it up to use in ORK is pretty easy using the event system - either there is already a component where you can call saving/loading the scene, or you just have to write a small component that calls the functionality and call that component from the event system. Both use the Call Function or Send Message step :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you for the tip Gil. This seems like a pretty nice extension to have no matter the game your making :D
  • Yeah - looked into adding a similar feature to ORK, but since there's a free and working alternative, there's no need to waste time on doing the same thing with less functionality :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2015
    So true.

Since I am not a "super coding guy" however I need to ask this: How to hook this up to ORK script wise? And how do I call it from the event system? What would a component look like that calls the functionality?

Sorry for the noobish follow up :P
    Post edited by Tuxedose on
  • Hm, AFAIK there's a class called LevelSerializer that handles that stuff in the Unity Serializer. So you'll need to call functions there - since it's probably a static class, you need to write a small wrapper component for ORK to call it.

Otherwise, you could also just save the scene whan it's changed and load it when it's loaded - there should be an example on their website :)
  • All right, I now got stuff working as I want them to. Going to set this thread to solved now. :D
    Thanks again Gil for your infinite wisdom, and hard work. : )