edited February 2014 in ORK Support
Hi guys.

First of all, I'm still using a camera angle akin to that of the 'battle zoom' in the tutorials section. It works fine on the first battle, but when I enter a second battle, it zooms riiiiight out and doesn't initiate the battle. Odd, since the settings are the same each time?

My second issue concerns animations. I've imported a character from the asset store, duplicated, renamed and re-applied the animations to work with ORK. Everything seems to work except the field moving animations. He starts off from idle, to walk, to run, then if you continue running, the animation switches to walk and back to idle, while still sliding across the terrain. I can't for the life of me think why this might be...

Any help is appreciated! Thanks guys!
Post edited by NewRealityGames on
// www.newrealitygames.co.uk \\
  • I've sorted the run animation!

But the battle zoom thing is still acting up. I've tried tweaking settings and wait times to try and... I guess, trick the system into using the right logic, but to no avail!
  • Does the battle not start at all, or is just the camera/fading stuck somewhere?

If the battle doesn't start, it could be that the battles have the same Scene ID - resulting in the 2nd battle not starting, because the ID is already set.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hi GiL, the issue seems to be with the combatant spawner (area). It seemed that battle initiation itself was causing some kind of problem, so I'm just using single combatants spawners instead, which works nicely.

I'm still not sure why the camera angles were going all screwy though, when using the same angle each time. Ah well. Thanks for your continued help!
  • If the issue continues, please send me your event and I'll do some checks :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Rather than start a new thread, I'll just post my next question in here :)

I'm wondering how I would go about creating a 'generic battle scene' that the player is transported to, rather than spawning combatants on the field? The reason for this is that I'm using vegetation and a spider-monster-placeholder. I'm finding that sometimes the monster is obscured by vegetation.

Sorry to inundate you with questions, I'd just like to get to grips with the kit as best I can!
  • That's something I'll cover in detail in one of the next game tutorials, but in short you'd need to do this:

Battle Start Event
    - use a Store Scene step (found in Scene Steps) to save the current scene and position
    - use a Load Scene step to load your battle scene, you can use a spawn point to place the battle there
    - after changing the scene, spawn the combatants using the Spawn Combatants step (Battle Steps)

Battle End Events
    This has to be done for all battle end events (victory, escape, defeat).
    - use a Load Scene step to return to the stored scene

The Load Scene step already allows fading the screen, so you don't need to handle that in extra steps :)
  • Awesome, those steps caught my attention today, as it happens.

Next question sir!

You've mentioned that the kit is tested on Android. Does this cover Ouya?

And secondly, you also mention that other platforms are as of yet untested. Is there any real reason that the kit wouldn't work on those platforms? I was under the impression that Unity is largely universal, and makes up for platform differences when rendering off a build?

Once again sir, I thank you.
  • I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work on Ouya, or any other platform - as far as I've seen from Unity's mono compatibility there is nothing used in ORK that should prevent running somewhere.
  • That confirms my instincts on the subject. Great news! Thanks GiL.