edited April 2015 in ORK Support
After updating to unity 5 and the new Ork version, the tutorial combatant prefabs won't display. Is there something specific I have to do to get them to work again? I replaced them with the prefabs in the new tutorial package but that didn't seem to work.

Everything seems to work ok, I can see their shadows, and move them around, interact with them as normal etc, they just don't display.

When updating at some point I got a prompt about not having blender, which I'm guessing may be related?
Post edited by Juryiel on
  • The blender warning shouldn't cause that - having that on OSX as well but no problem seeing the models.
    Updating a project to Unity 5 can be tricky, try downloading the completed demo project and see if that works.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2015
    I've gotten that Blender warning from the beginning of ORK time. :) It's not a Blender problem. I had the same problem with Unity 5.0 but don't remember how I fixed it. It may have had something to do with the shaders. Not sure. I know I tweaked something and then everything was ok. But I too was interacting with no one who could be seen.

You said something somewhere Gil about what you have to do to the shaders. The completed demo project should work.

EDIT: What I may have done was to import the Brown Pants, Evil Pants etc. prefabs from the new demo into my project where I was following the tutorials. Not sure. And unfortunately I took Unity 5 off my pc as want to finish up my current game with 4.6.

All I can say for sure is I got it working and fixing it had something to do with tweaking the prefabs and maybe the shaders.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • edited April 2015
    The demo does seem to work fine. And loading different prefabs (ones that are not part of the tutorial / demo assets) also seems to work. I tried to import from the new tutorial package and from the new demo, I see this message (which is probably unrelated):

"IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    ORKFramework.CombatantEquipment.get_Item (Int32 index)"

But when I import I still can't see them in my game. So no idea why that is the case. Ah well, it doesn't matter I guess, I can just use my assets :)
    Post edited by Juryiel on
  • Depending on where you are with the game tutorials, importing the demo resources can result in errors (as the demo is a completed version of the tutorials).
    Restarting the game tutorials with a fresh project (and the updated resources) should solve your problem.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • TALTAL
    edited April 2015
    I have the same problem.
    After passing has U5 demo project has stopped working properly.
    All the characters are sort of lost their models, and the bones and lost their animations. It was only the shadow and field interactions.
    But other elements of the game are working properly.

NPCs prefabs do not have the component "mesh filter".
    Post edited by TAL on
  • GiL, can you tell us step by step exactly how to put the demo toon shaders into unity 5? An i am having the NPC mesh missing problem too.

• edited April 2015
    Just another note that I'm seeing this issue too with the tutorial combat prefabs and Unity 5, and it's with a fresh project.
    Post edited by jjsonick on
  • edited April 2015
    I replaced the shaders outside of Unity, importing the new shaders resulted in having them twice in the project due to some Unity GUID error.
    Also, you'll probably need to add the shaders to the alwys included shaders in your Unity project's Graphics settings, otherwise they might not be added to the built game.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • I'm completely new to Unity & Ork and I see this issue. I just stepped through the tutorial steps 1-by-1 from a fresh project to get to here.

I'm so new that I can't understand the solution being recommended above :-(

Shaders? Help...

Nick
  • If you've started a new project with the latest tutorial resources for Unity 5, you shouldn't run into that problem.
  • I just downloaded it again and believe I have the latest version:

Nicks-MacBook-Air:Desktop Nick$ ls -l GameTutorialResources.unitypackage
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 Nick staff 34322347 Mar 6 11:18 GameTutorialResources.unitypackage
    Nicks-MacBook-Air:Desktop Nick$ cksum GameTutorialResources.unitypackage
    3521573979 34322347 GameTutorialResources.unitypackage

• Well, for the above solution, go to Edit > Project Settings > Graphics in the Unity menu.
    You can now add shaders to the Always Included Shaders in the inspector. You'll need to add the toon shaders and projector shaders.
  • I had the problem with mesh loading as well, but now all of the sudden it works. I went to the model file in tutorial resources and selected egg_entity,
    then on the inspector,
    go model tab
    under material search, select project wide, then apply.

oddly enough when i when i started a new project everything was alright..
  • edited April 2015
    Hello. New user to ORK. Wonderful piece of software!
    Now, i'm having this same problem, started with an empty project.
    Imported Tutorial Assets from this website and then the ORK Framework.

Brown Pants will not show.
    My question is, how many Toon Shaders and Projector Shaders do I have to add to Graphics under Always Included?
    I found 4 Toon shaders and 2 Projector Shaders. Btrown Pants still doesn't show in game.
    Are these all of them?

Additionally, and probably with this issue, I just noticed that the Sky in the main menu scene is partially black.

Ok, so I downloaded the ORK Demo, and Oddly enough, it works just fine.
    Any ideas?
    Post edited by Rojalee on
  • Just did a quick test (new project with the tutorial resources) - also getting the black sky parts, but I have no problem spawning and seeing the player.

You should add the Toon Basic, Toon Basic Outline and Projector Multiply shaders. If that's not working, you can also try adding the shaders to the Preloaded Shaders in Edit > Project Settings > Graphics
    And make sure you're using the correct prefab :)