• edited April 2015
    They look wonderful! I'll vote for you on Steam as soon as I get to my computer.

The key to success on Steam from what I've read is social media. Blog on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and all the others :) Good luck!

Post edited by Catacomber on
  • edited April 2015
    Also if you are on Google+ NeilG does reviews of games and links to those he chooses. Hiw he chooses them I don't know but he's very good about reviewing many games especially if they are trying to get green lit on Steam.

Indieretronews.com

Not just retro :) Also I'd change the name of this thread to Vote on steam to Greenlight Heart of Ember. I nearly missed seeing you need votes,
  • Thanks for your advice. I would definitely try some of them out. Either way it will be a great experience and I can learn from it. I'll get better after every game =)
  • I told everyone at work to vote for this game. They are all serious gamers and have a fondness for RPG's. I even think a couple actually voted. Goodluck!
    You will always fail at what you do not try.
  • Another thought, if your college has a school newspaper, contact any of the writers for the paper and tell them about your game. Ask them if they'd be interested in writing an article about the game and your experience making it. :). They need material and you need publicity. :)
  • edited April 2015
    I just voted for you. Love the music!

P.S. To vote on Steam you have to own at least one Steam Game, I think. Check it out. I could be wrong. If I'm right, you might give people a heads up about this in your write ups so they are not taken completely unawares. Of course a lot of game players have bought at least one game from Steam but maybe not all who would desire to support you have.
  • Looking good - posted the link on twitter and facebook :)

The battles in the video seem a bit too slow for my taste, though :D
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks again for all your help and advice. I did talk to the head of the game development department in school (I'm going to college for game design), he's helping me market there. There are several website who saw the game in greenlight and they also volunteered to help market it. It's actually a great experience since there seems to be a lot of support coming from different places.
  • Upvoted. :)

What Cat said is right-on about marketing. Also be sure to post routine updates on your Greenlight page and respond to people in the comments, even if it's just a quick "thank you". Engaging directly with the community helps keep momentum going, and can draw Valve's attention to it a little easier. Might be worth starting a Discussion or two as well, just to get people talking. :)

Good luck! :D
    My little chunk of the internet: http://artemic.com
  • Thanks for the upvote =) This is turning out to be a great learning process for me though. Which is great.
  • voted on Greenlight
    ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.
  • I will vote as soon as i get home! I do like the style and atmosphere! :)

Ps: if you don't mind, could i ask you a couple of things regarding your Greenlight submission process?
  • Hi everyone! Something extremely unexpected happen. The game was actually greenlit! I would like to thank everyone here who voted and help promote it. I really could not have done it with out help from this community. Sorry Kaemalux I became very busy with other projects to respond but if you have any questions about the greenlight process I would love to answer them as best as I could. If you have any questions and my response in this forum is slow, just email me at Paolo@animationcatalyst.com . It's easier for me to check that one.
  • Congratulations - checked steam greenlight yesterday evening and saw that you've been greenlit :D
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!