edited February 2014 in ORK Support
Hello,

I am trying to connect animations using either Legacy or Mecanim however...

Under "legacy" how do I find the Layer Number of the Animation? "Is it the Element # "
for example I am using the Unity construction guy as my Setup test.

Side note: IS the Unity Construction Guy using Legacy or Mecanim?

He has a few animations they work fine if I leave the third person script attached but I rather understand how to only use ORK's movement at the moment.

The same goes for using Mecanim ...
Under Macanim How do I find the layer Index Number?

Thanks!!!

• In the Legacy animation system, you can define the layer you want the animation to be. As far as I know, the animations aren't set up for a specific layer, but you can optionally set them to a layer in ORK. This allows higher layered animations to overrule lower animations.

In Mecanim, the layers are created in Animator Controller that defines the animations. So you'd have to take a look at the animator controller your prefab uses and check on which layer the animation is defined.

I think the construction guy is using legacy :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hi,

So I have been playing with this all night and just can't seem to figure out the connection to Mecanim. So I was wondering if you could maybe create a Tutorial doing this....:)

Maybe how to create the parameters and connect them to Mecanim.

So far in ORK I have 0:Idle recognizing states.

However when I try to create the second Animation for Walk or Run it does not see the Animation State for it. It seems that only Index Layer Number 0 works. I thought that 1 would be the next index number but its is not... I think.

Plus Mecanim seems not to see ORK after the First State read.

Also what are the Walking and Running Conditions for the ORK Movement. Meaning When I move the Character using the Arrow keys is this "Walk" and What is the "Run" condition?

Any help on this would be great! Thank! :)

I hope I am making sense. :)

• So I have the character moving using ORK FRAMEWORK's Movement but Mecanim is controlling the Running Animations. Is this Normal ? Will this method pose a problem later when playing battle animations?

• There isn't really much to connect to Mecanim - it all simply depends on how your Mecanim controller is set up.
    An animation can either be just played, or depend on parameters to be set. If you're using parameters, they're set up in the Animator Controller. For ORK to play a Mecanim animation, they'd simply need to match the parameters that are needed for an animation to start (but this doesn't guarantee that it will actually start - because Mecanim could be in a different state that doesn't allow transition to the animation).
    Or, you simply enable the Use Play setting and ORK tells Mecanim to play the animation (which it hopefully does :D).

Using ORK's movement and letting Mecanim handle the animations shouldn't be a problem.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Nice ! Thank you

• Will Mecanim animation transitions automatically blend in ORK? Or must you do something specific in order for them to do so?
  • ORK doesn't really interfere with Mecanim (or the legacy system) - all it does is try to play the animations when needed (e.g. when using the auto move animation, or when playing an animation in an event).
    So, Mecanim will simply do it's thing and ORK will either set parameters or fire playing a certain animation (based on what you've set up), it doesn't stop Mecanim from doing it's normal transitions or anything :)