edited February 2014 in ORK Support
Hello, after a long time following this awesome framework yesterday my team bought it, and now I have some questions:
I remember that, in a older post was mentioned that with the release of Ork 2, we can make a GUI with, for example, nGUI to interact with the Ork features. Is that possible? Can you guide me a little?

I also have some trouble creating camera positions. I am trying to set the new camera positions with the wizard, while the game is running but when I use them in the event the view doesn't match with what I saw "ingame". I don't know why.

Thanks for all!!
  • Support for 3rd party GUI systems is possible but you'd need to script it yourself.
    I'm planning to add support myself, but currently there are higher priorities, and I'm waiting for the new Unity GUI (which is done by the guy from NGUI).

Camera positions can be a bit tricky - when using the scene wizard, I'd not recommend creating them in play mode. The data could be lost without saving, and saving could override some settings that can change in-game.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes, I know that I have to script but, can you give me an idea from where to start?
  • Basically everything GUI-related goes over the GUIBox class, which handles the position and fading of GUI boxes.
    The GUI box uses the GUIBoxContent class (and their descendants) to display the actual content. The content itself is in most cases precalculated, so it's just a list of labels and positions that are displayed.

Ultimately, the GUIHandler class manages all GUI boxes, calls their GUI methods, updates them, etc.
    So, yeah, there's your starting point :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks, I'll try to investigate.