edited February 2014 in ORK Support
HI,

I am having a little bit of trouble with Turn based Battle.
I am currently using Tutorial 18. The First Battle - 20. Animations for Combat

(Note: I am not using the Brown Pants and tut. resources, I am using my own Prefabs etc...)
*Issue<
Here is what's happening:

Situation 1:
When I start in the Main Menu Everything works here.
I travel to the next Scene and then enter the battle collider. Then...
*My Player Prefab and a duplicate one appears. The Enemy Prefab does appear
however(After the Enemy Attacks, the battle ends with no Notification and The Enemy stays in scene)
If I attack him it does seem to end properly with the menus etc...

Situation 2:
When I start in the Next scene to play test without going through the Main Menu.
*My Player Prefab does not create a Duplicate. The Enemy Prefab does appear
however (After the Enemy Attacks, the battle ends with no Notification and The Enemy stays in scene)
If I attack him it does seem to end properly with the menus etc...

Also in Both Situations The character is still receiving movement from Mecanim I think.
Since The Player does not move but Animation is still being played.

I wrote my own very simple script for movement but I think it is interfering with animation.

Note: Attacks and Magic points are reducing / adding ( showing that they are red and green etc..)

I hope this was clear :)

Thanks!
Post edited by gamingislove on

• Check if your start event if it adds your player multiple times. Also, check if you're using the Start Event setting in the main menu and additionally have an autostart event (using the start event) in the scene - this will lead in the start event being executed twice, and adding the player twice.

When testing directly in the scene (without going through the main menu), you need to have a game starter in the scene as described in this how-to.

Finally, game tutorial 18 is only setting up the first battle - animating it and having proper start/end events is explained in the following tutorials :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2014
    Ok, the Start event was causing the duplicate. Thanks.
    Post edited by gameintern on