edited March 2015 in ORK Support
I'm having a strange new issue that I have no idea what the cause could be. When I start a new game, my lighting turns out to be much darker than the way I have it set up in the scene. The odd part is, if I use a Game Starter to bypass the menu for quick testing, then the proper lighting is correct. But if I leave the scene via a Scene Changer and then return, the scene is dark again like if I went through the main menu. Anyone else experiencing an issue like this? Considering that I have another scene that has no lighting issues whatsoever, I imagine there is something in the scene that is not set up properly. I'm using Unity 5.

Edit : Upon further investigation, it seems the issue comes from using a Skybox as an Ambient Source under Lighting. If I switch to using a gradient, then that works just fine. So basically, if I use a Skybox, everything gets very dark when running ORK. Anyone have any insight as to why this is?
Post edited by LNMRae on
  • With all the lighting changes in Unity 5, you'll have to check the lighting of all of your scenes.

If the scene seems darker than usual, I'd check the screen fade colors (e.g. is the new game fade's alpha set to 0). When using the new UI, you can check if anything (screen fade or a GUI box) is displayed using the whole screen in the canvas added to the _ORK game object.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I did have the same issue but this was because the scene had not finished baking and creating the associated lightmap file/folder.

Under lighting is there a progress bar at the bottom?
  • I think that's probably what's going on, martyn. It seemed to me like it wasn't able to finish processing the lighting before ORK loaded, or something like that. It would make sense that it hadn't finished baking. I'll experiment with this in mind. Thanks for the info! :)
  • No problem

Best thing is to get the level set up, and wait till its finished baking and all files have been created etc before you test play the level.

I had the same problem but once the scene has baked it should work fine :)
  • Just wondering if anyone found a way to fix this, I would agree that it does seem that the baking or processing does not complete before the scene load thus having a dark scene when entering.

• You could try turning off the auto-baking if you're doing a lot of heavy editing and testing, and then just manually build the lighting when you have a second to let it run and finish.
    My little chunk of the internet: http://artemic.com