edited June 2015 in ORK Support
Topics summary - to make a search easier. :)
Deleted topics mean that there isn't a proper answer, but you can still get benefits from GiL tips!

1) Spawn position range
2) Start event by HUD
3) Waypoints
4) Single combatant skillbar
5) Enemy current status values
6) Combatant HUD
7) Battle Menu
8) Interaction HUD on Objects
9) Looping dialogues
10) Global events from menus
11)Expandable dialogue
12) Combatant HUD and revive
13) Action on dealing/receiving damage
14) Passive damage and status
15) Quest mark HUD
16)Loot tables
17) Camera Panning
18)Level experience formula
19)Sub-formulas for complex equations
20)Screen fader on dialogue
21) Inventory and combatant selection
22) Check if you are in battle
23) Merge inventory types
24) Stackable equipment
25) Change menu user
26) Ability description without action
27) Confirmation box in Equipment/Inventory
28) Tooltip inside bonds
29) Hide unusable items in inventory
30) Bestiary (area and events)
31) Mounting object on interaction ones
32) Partial tag/name search objects
33) Stop blinking objects

1) Is it possible, by event, to decide in which ranged positions could object be spawned?

2) Which is the best way to start an event by an HUD? Linking it to a shortcut, and then somehow call global event?

I will use this thread for various question, so i will not open many threads. :)
Post edited by Kaemalux on
  • 1) If the event spawns stuff, you have full control over where to spawn it. Unless it's combatants joining the battle, those will be placed according to battle spots :)

2) That's one way. Another would be to use a Control HUD and start a global event through the input key that is set by the HUD.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Okey, thanks ^^

1) Yes, i see a lot of options! I decided to use waypoints, but just for information, i cannot see an option to have a random range in prefab spawn event, where i could find it? ^^
  • There's no random range - but you could probably create a random Vector3 variable for that and use it as position.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • 3) I'm using waypoint at the moment, but i have a problem. I think to have removed all random ranges but my combatant spawn always at 0 z and x has a little range: which could be the setting i am missing? :)
  • What step are you using to spawn the combatant?
  • EDIT: sorry it seems to work properly now, i don't know which setting i restored. :D

4) Is it possible to make each combatant have its skillbar with its own skills when the can perform action? I am using turn based combat but i would like to have a rectangular bar for each combatant displaying its own abilities (that they differ from each other). Any way to do this? ^^

5) Is it possible to place current status value of monster in description, to display them by tooltip? Like Max HP, Level etc... I saw that %bonus only concern some modifier, i would like to display status while the mouse is over them. ^^

Thanks. :)
  • 4) Sure, the Shortcut HUD element is just another element for Combatant HUDs, so you can also add id to a HUD displaying a group, or display individual HUDs for each combatant, etc.

5) I don't think that's possible, but you can use an individual Combatant HUD and only display it at Cursor Over.
  • 4) Oh nice! One last question about this: how can i set the HUD to display different abilities for each combatant? Like a warrior will have slash/defend/taunt... and a sorcerer fireball/blizzard... Can i just set HUD elements as to display skill depending on combatant, like 1-2-3-4 and recognize them for each combatant?

5) That's an option, thanks, i will try it!

• 4) Using the Shortcut HUD elements, each combatant will display their own shortcuts.
  • edited May 2015
    4) Perfect, thanks!

Another question:

6) My combatant HUD seems to not disappear: it is only removed if (during an event) i am on a dialogue choice (exit one = no actions; other choices loop through the event and there is not another finish pattern, besides selecting battle...), or if i over the mouse on another combatant: the funny thing is that Cursor Over is selected... It seems like it keeps the selection till i don't make another one. Any tips? ^^
  • 6) That's up to your HUD's display conditions :)
  • edited May 2015
    6) I noticed that battle-menu with icons can do everything i need and in a very polite way... I have just a problem: i cannot define back button anyway, so if i choose to use "icon" in display type the button remains plains. How could i prevent this? I didn't find in any place to define back button with a custom icon either with text. ^^
    EDIT: i fount it, in general Menu Settings. :D

Three other questions regarding Battle Menu:

7a) Why can't HUD display choice descriptions as in out-of-combat menu screens? I have an HUD that displays name and description of skills and item if i place the cursor over out of battle, but while in battle menu it isn't shown. Is it intended to work that way?

7b) Is it possible to perform an highlighting (hovering) action with touch controls, like 1 touch highlight, second touch use?

7c) Is it possible to not highlight by default first menu choice? Using mouse/touch i would prefer not to have any choice highlighted by default (for an aesthetic point of view).

• edited May 2015
    Sorry for my doubts, but i have other questions besides above ones. ^^

8) Is it possible to display interaction HUD on the object, instead that starting from the player? To be more clear, i have 3 object in the scene that can be clicked (my character is not moving), could each of them have its own interaction mark and start the event only if its clicked on the proper one?

9) I made a looping dialogue, i noticed that if you add a wait step the dialogue close and reopen after the pause: is it possible to avoid this? Exactly, can the wait step be performed while dialogue is still open?

10) Can event be started by HUD and/or by menu screens? I cannot sort it out, but i need to start an event from a HUD interaction instead from an object. ^^

• 7a) Because HUDs are HUDs and menu screens are menu screens :)
    If you want your shortcuts to display additional information, either use a Tooltip HUD for that, or pack in more info in your shortcut display.

7b) Select First option in the GUI box choice settings.

7c) Nope, there's always a choice selected currently.

8) No, that's not possible. Since they are started by clicking, you could use e.g. a Tooltip HUD and add a Scene Object component to the interactions. Scene object infos are set up in World > Scene Objects and can be used to give additional information to game objects.

9) Disable the Wait option of the dialogue (Message and Auto Close type) and the event will continue right away.

10) Abilities and items can start global events when they're only usable in the Field. Button List menu parts can start global events as well. A HUD can only start an event when it's a shortcut that calls an ability/item with an event :)
  • 7a) I'm using tooltips for Ability/Items, and they do work out of combat, but even enabling them in battle in HUD settings they simply don't display anything while hovering on skills during fight. Did i do something wrong? ^^

9) So is it possible to have 2 dialogue at once? Could it be possible to have 2 Choice dialogue at once somehow, in the same event? I am using one to select enemies and one to start fight/exit?

Thanks for all other answers, really helpful. :)

A little addition:

10) Is it possible to destroy all found object (by name or tag) at once? I would like to destroy all object found with re-find object event step, but it seems it can destroy only one at time. ^^