• @Kirb
    I'll look into it :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you! :D
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • One thing that I think would be useful to many is addition of Range modifier to grid battle range template.
    FloatValue I think would be good as what that would allow us to do is modify grid range using formulas or variables. Which is very useful for games where different weapons have different ranges. So for example when equipping spear all ability ranges would expand by 1 and you could attack further on grid without having to create copies of each ability for each weapon type.

I have experimented with this in source code and unless I'm missing some bugs down the road it was easy to do. Basically I added this to: GridRangeSetting.cs (Under public int gridRange = 1;)

//Custom_Edit
    public bool UseRangeModifier = false;
    public FloatValue RangeModifier= new FloatValue();
    int GetGridRange(Combatant _User)
    {
    return gridRange + (UseRangeModifier ? Mathf.RoundToInt(RangeModifier.GetValue(_User, _User)) : 0);
    }
    //Custom_Edit

Then I search and replaced all copies of this.gridRange to this.GetGridRange(user) in GridRangeSetting.cs

And it seems to work. But would be nice to have this option come with ORK.
  • @hellwalker
    That might be problematic due to not being able to set up variable grid masks.
    BUT the next update will add conditional use/affect ranges, e.g. having a different use range based on a status requirement (like having a spear weapon equipped).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2019
    It would very helpful to be able to define cells which will ignore all highlights. Is there an option for this?
    For example I have cells that are covered by rocks or houses, or are off path, (But still withing the overall grid rectangle I need for gameplay area) And when I hover mouse over them they get highlighted.
    Post edited by hellwalker on
  • Currently, the only option is to move them in your scene's setup to a position to your liking, e.g. somewhere they can't be visible to the player (maybe below ground)?
  • edited September 2019
    Does the grid painting take in account what layer the grid is set to?
    Because I have trouble painting on a grid when it's obstructed with some object.
    I end up having to either disable all art or move the grid object up and down to see what I'm doing. Some ability to mask the grid painting to certain layers would be helpful. So I can paint the grid without worrying about art.
    I imagine it uses some form of raycast in editor code?
  • Good point, will change that to use the layer mask from the component's setup :)
  • Would be nice to be able to play game event on Status Effect apply. Would save some time on effects like fire/poison arrows etc. Could apply fire logic to enemy via Status Effect event, while keeping Arrow Shooting Ability event leaner.
  • @hellwalker
    That's actually coming in the next update (and many more game event uses) - as mentioned in the development report on patreon (which is publicly available).
  • Awesome! I thought those were GUI effects related, got a bit confused there :D.
  • edited September 2019
    Is there a show/hide cursor node? That would be useful for cinematics.
    Ability to filter Event Interaction by whether battle is running would also be neat. So I can't click on some event interactions mid battle (Pick berries), but might be able to click others (Launch Cataputl).
    Unless it's possible already and I missed it :D
  • edited October 2019
    @hellwalker
    No, not directly - but since this is accessible via a static property in Unity, you can use a Change Fields node to do that:
    - component name: Cursor
    - is static: enabled
    - add a field
    - field name: visible
    - is property: enabled
    - field type: Bool
    - bool value enabled/disabled based on what you want :)

Post edited by gamingislove on