edited November 2015 in ORK Support
Hi,

I have a animation problem in my turn based battles. I am currently working with the game tutorials, and nearly everything worked out of the box. Thanks for the good tutorials.

But now I am at 21.Battle events and here I have an animation problem with the attack ability and the runToTarget event (so I think).

I checked twice the events and the settings in the ork-editor. I think I did it right. (To be sure with the events, I attached the provided events (attack, runToTarget, runToBase) from the tutorial resources, and I still have the same problem, that my combatants do not move back to their position after attack event.

Maybe you can see the problem by simply watching the video.
VIDEO_LINK

As you can see, my combatants are GoogleMap Markers, and I only change longitude/latitude coordinates when moving. In battle, I disable the attached components for markers, so usually this doesn't influence. And objects can then be transformed (with character controller) as usual.
I am not sure where the problem is, I rescaled all combatants by the size of 50, maybe that is a reason.

My hero attacks the combatant as he should, but then walks back, during the walk back (runToBase), the enemy attacks my combatant. and then the enemy tries to go to the position of my player? When the next turn start, the positions of the combatants are ok again.

Hopefully this is an error I made in the settings, but I can't find it. Maybe it has to do with the "Markers" (altough I deactived the components during battle, and the hero's attack is working...)

Thank you,
Post edited by widnig89 on
  • The run to base event of the game tutorials uses the battle spot of the user to return to - so best to check in your scene (in the editor) where that's located in the running game (will be a child object of the battle game object).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ahhh. thank you.

First I made a typo in the player spots (sign error). :D

But now I know the problem, because my combatants are located at long/lat coordinates, but at battle start they should spawn/translate to the spots automatically? is that true?

...yeah, they didn't do and stay at their coords, so the disable of marker components isn't working as expected. :)
    I also increase the offset of each combatant by 25 in x-axis. And now the combatant spots have a good size.

Many thanks

• ah I see.
    tutorial 23. Battle start events handles that.