Hey Guys !

That question was asked few time there and there so I think , that is good idea to create some place to talk about that. I am step before buy one of these so question for users who have experiance with playmaker&makinom;)

What are the pros and cons of both of these?

I know that a big pros of Makinom is interaction with ork framework but what more ?
Cant wait to hear what do you think guys.

Cheers
  • Makinom and Playmaker are doing similar things with a different approach.
    While Playmaker is a finite state machine, Makinom does things in a flow-chart like manner with each node performing a task.

I never used Playmaker, so I can't really give you a good insight comparision to Makinom :)
    Makinom was designed for flexibility and reusability, and to make things as easy as possible without limiting it's potential/use.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Well, Playmaker has been around since forever, and it's the single most established major Unity tool by now. Most asset producers make it a priority to be Playmaker compatible.

Makinom is much cheaper (at least I bought it for $35) and benefits from having a highly skilled developer, but realistically speaking I don't see how or why it would replace Playmaker any soon. ;)

Makinom to ORK integration is nice and all, but on the other hand Playmaker is integrated with pretty much all of the important assets as of 2015. Including Inventory Pro which is fundamentally incompatible with ORK. So weigh the pros and cons.
  • Thanks guys ! For now ... i see that .. I will buy both ;) because i am believing in Nicholas , and makinom approach look even nicer than playmaker so far for me ;) i think in near future makinom should be even better than.

Hope more guys will take a saceond and tell us more about pros and cons
  • On a side note, Inventory Pro would need to support ORK Framework, not the other way round :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Does makinom have other plugins support other than ORK? and one more question, is it possible to use playmaker and ORK in the same project? ( so i can use some of the plugins with playmaker, and the fantastic rpg engine of ORK )
  • As far as i know, ORK and Makinom are stand-alone beasts, you can achieve almost everything with them, but you can also use almost every other asset without fearing conflicts... The only problem is that you have to do integration by yourself (code / add plugin), even if GiL is always so nice with support.
    However, for integration Ork-Makinom, there is a specific plugin with detailed info, and as i am starting using it these days, i can tell you that it is really a big boost to project development instead of using one of the two frameworks alone.

About playmaker, i think someone else already did integration with ORK in the past, and i don't see any reason why i should not be possible. :)
  • I m going to test Makinom to start with... but its tempting to use playmaker with ork cause of the native plugins support that playmaker has.

So if someone is able to tell me how he did it i ll be thankful :)