edited September 2015 in ORK Support
Hi,
I am wondering why changing the changing the gui system type to "New UI" does not work in my project:

When I start the game I always get at the main menu screen:

MissingFieldException: Field 'UnityEngine.TextGenerationSettings.scaleFactor' not found.
ORKFramework.Display.MultiContent.CreateNewUI (System.String text, UnityEngine.Texture2D startIcon, UnityEngine.Texture2D contentIcon, Rect textBounds, Single lineSpacing, TextAlignment alignment, VerticalTextAlignment vAlignment, BoxHeightAdjustment heightAdjustment, Boolean oneline, TextFormat textFormat, Int32 columns, Single columnSpacing)
ORKFramework.Display.MultiContent..ctor (System.String text, UnityEngine.Texture2D startIcon, UnityEngine.Texture2D contentIcon, Rect textBounds, Single lineSpacing, TextAlignment alignment, VerticalTextAlignment vAlignment, BoxHeightAdjustment heightAdjustment, Boolean oneline, TextFormat textFormat)
ORKFramework.ChoiceContent.InitContent (Rect textBounds, ORKFramework.ButtonSettings setting, ORKFramework.HUDStatus[] statusInformation, Boolean adjustHeight)
ORKFramework.DialogueContent.CalculateContent (Single baseWidth, Boolean recalced)
ORKFramework.DialogueContent.Init (ORKFramework.GUIBox box)
ORKFramework.GUIBox.Tick (Single t)
ORKFramework.GUIHandler.Tick (Single t)
ORKFramework.GUIHandler.Tick ()
ORKFramework.ORKCore.FireTick ()
ORKFramework.ORKHandler.Update ()
Nothing is shown...

Changing the gui system type in the ork demo works!
I am not really sure how to start finding the bug, maybe someone can help.

Best regards,

Domi
Post edited by widnig89 on
  • edited September 2015
    What ORK and Unity versions are you using?
    Since it's missing a Unity field related to the new UI, you either have an old ORK version or an old Unity version :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • hi, yes. i thought first the same but the demo application with ork 2.5.4 and unity 5.0.2. worked, so I thought that something in my project goes wrong. :)

but now I updated to the newest version to ORK, and then had to update unity to 5.2.1 because of combatibily issues.

reimporting everything fixed this issue :)

sorry. now I will update everything asap. ;)

thanks
  • edited September 2015
    Well, the demo uses the legacy GUI, i.e. it wont encounter the new UI issue :)

The version information in the Unity Asset Store is listing the version compatibility of old ORK versions (which is also the version you'll get when dowloading ORK with those Unity versions) in case you need it.

Also, you don't need to update everything ASAP - e.g. if a new Unity version is released, there's always a chance that they change something that breaks compatibility of ORK, so you'd have to wait for an ORK update for that :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • yes, but I switched to new UI in the demo for testing.

but thanks for the information regarding updating. :)

cheers.