edited October 2015 in ORK Support
Hi Guys
I am planing for my first game an RPG with below features and wanted to knoknow if ork has these features.Atleast the basic version so I can get a prototype going.

Sorry if I am asking basic questions but I am very new to game dev.

high score
leaderboard
inapp purchases,
In game store,
in game score keeping.

Also want to check if Ork comes with any character creation and character animation system.

So wanted to check if ork has these features inbuilt or can I use Ork to add these features without much coding.

I could not find the sales contact mail I'd to ask the Ork team directly. So posting hear.
Post edited by karmik on
  • edited October 2015
    I don't think there's any game creation editor in the Unity asset store as good as ORK but wait for gamingislove to answer your questions in more depth.

I've made marketable games with it.

The Unity asset store has some Game Center and other iOS and android plugins that you can probably use with some coding in ORK. I'm working on that myself right now but can't report yet because I'm also trying to get a new game in.

You can set up a player creation scene in different ways. I didn't use any code to set mine up but don't know exactly what you'd want.

Anyway, gamingislove, can tell you more. All I can say is it makes a game you can sell and be proud of. People have used it and gotten green lit on Steam. I have a game in the iOS Asset store.

The support here is excellent. I've tried other game editors and never got the results or the support I got here.

But it's your decision. I'm satisfied with ORK.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • ORK Framework is an RPG development toolkit, not a wondermachine :D
    It's focus is on RPG system creation, world building and bringing your game to life.

There's no built-in support for stuff like in-app purchases or online leaderboards/highscore. There are other products available for Unity to do this stuff, and they can be integrated with ORK through the event system (without coding) or with small code changes to ORK (which you can do in the full version) to call the functionality - which suits your needs depends on where you want it and what you want.

You can create stuff like highscores and leaderboards with ORK's event system, but that'd just be for the local, single player game - no integration for system like game center (there are other products for that stuff).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2015
    Thanks for the replies
    Ok well i zeroed in on the animation and character creation systems.
    And if i create my game with ORK, will i be able to change it to MMO using UMMO framework or any other assets on asset store..

Just wanted to know if it has been done earlier and if it can be done..

UMMO looks simple to integrate the MMO features in to existing game. But wanted to know if it can work with games based on ORK framework

It sound very ambitious to think of creating MMO game with the first but i guess if i succeed with my game i would like to make it MMO later.

Post edited by karmik on
  • this question has been asked many times and the frank answer of it all is no not unless you have full source code. and or have go between scripts. reason being you would have to make spawners and scene changers work over a net work . plus making sure stuff that needs to be server side visible to all who are connected.

all in all its possible to do but would require a ton of work and would require lots of code changes.
    new website can be found here http://www.fore-loregames.com

Follow the game Development on Twitter https://twitter.com/Fore_Lore_Games

or check out the face book page here https://www.facebook.com/ForeLoreGames
  • edited October 2015
    Well If my RPG game succedes in getting enough number of downloads that should give me enough inspiration to create MMO functionality :)
    I read on some other thread about plans of writing a script to support MMO functionality within ORK.
    So was wondering if will Ork framework some time in future support MMO on its own..

Wanted to know if anything is currently happening in this directions..
    Post edited by karmik on
  • No, nothing happening in direction of multiplayer or MMO support.
    I'm open for commission work to add this functionality, but it's a looooot of work to implement, maintain and still have the single player aspects working without problems - so, that'd be quite expensive :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Take a random old-RPG, or a JRPG, or an hybrid/new RPG, close your eyes and think about all its features... Well, ORK can handle 99% of them easily.
    Then, if you consider the support and the constant updates the framework has from GiL, you can multiply its possibilities x10.
    Again, if you also integrate ORK + Makinom, possibility are almost endless.

Try the demo, play a bit with the free version, you will surely be charmed about Gil's asset. :)