edited November 2015 in Announcements
Makinom 1.3.0 is here: release notes

Want to see the new grid feature in action? Try the new Match 3 game tutorial series.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next big update for Makinom is in development (since some time).
Beside Music Channels (which have already been implemented in ORK) and some small stuff, the biggest new feature will be a brand new Grid system!

Grid System
There's a bunch of new nodes to create and manipulate grids of game objects.
Generally, this is for making stuff easier - e.g. think about the 2D Roguelike tutorials, creating the level (floor+walls) currently requires a lot of nodes with somewhat complex stuff, using the new grid system, that's done by 3 nodes, 1 to create the grid, 1 to fill in the floor, 1 to fill in the walls around the level.
There are additional nodes for stuff like swapping cells or moving cells (e.g. for match 3 games, move all cells down that have an empty cell below).
The grids aren't only for 2D games, but also for 3D games - i.e. the grids have 3 dimensions.
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Looking great! :D
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Wow... so excited been wanting this for awhile thank you!
  • Oh amazing!

Any ETA about this big update? :)

And, will there be a small guide on how to use this new system?
  • Maybe sometime next week - still putting in some finishing touches (e.g. easy move animation when moving/swapping cells or starting machins with the used game objects) and will create a match-3 game tutorial using this feature before releasing it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Wow! Thank you, Gil. This is quite a surprise.
  • Makinom 1.3.0 is here: release notes

Want to see the new grid feature in action? Try the new Match 3 game tutorial series.
  • This looks like an awesome update! :D

Quick question though, does this have the namespace change that was preventing use of Makinom together with HoTween? Didn't see it in the fixes.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • So glad I got this a few hours before the update went up! Saved me a big 5 slapper!
  • @Kirb
    Yeah, that should be in there - forgot to add it to the list :)
  • guys can you create video tutorials?
  • edited December 2015
    Hey GiL,
    Is Makinom 1.3.1 or 1.4.x coming out with unity 5.3.x compatiablity before Christmas by any chance?
    RF
    Edit: Yikes, i am having a black screen right after UNITY 5.3.x loads. Its a black screen window with only a red x close option on it instead of the normal editor window. Humm. I can't even run unity like this so i cant use makinom for a bit. GIL or anyone else, have you had this happen to your UNITY version 5.3.x or have heard of it happened to unity and have a solution to this problem of black screening upon running Unity version 5.3.x ? I am running windows 10 - 64 bit.
    Post edited by RifleFire on
  • The next Makinom version wont be out before Christmas, but hopefully by the end of the year.
    Like in ORK, there are only some warnings, but no errors in Unity 5.3 - and I didn't get a black screen editor, although something like that sometimes happens to me after opening Unity and having another program focused while Unity loads, but that's been happening for a long time. That's usually gone when I close and reopen Unity.
  • edited December 2015
    Thanks!

Just purchased. Looking forward to exploring the features.
    Post edited by onsetgames on
    Jarrod Davis
    Owner/Technical Director @ Onset Games
    Facebook / Twitter / YouTube / PayPal
  • Thanks for the purchase :)
    I'd recommend first learning the basic concepts of schematics and machines. Afterwards try out one of the game tutorial series, e.g. start with the small breakout tutorial or the space shooter tutorial.