Hello,

I am currently working on the armors/weapons in my game and the loot of combatants.

What the developers did is just amazing.
I really like the random status value bonuses to have a wide variaty of equipment.
Also you can define the levels of an equipment to reuse one equipment just with better settings.
It's also possible to create the loot for different combatant levels AND you can set the level of equipment their.

...so first many thanks for that good equipment/loot structure in ORK.

But, there is one tiny thing which I am missing in ORK:
I would like to bind the Equipment level to a requirement in my game (e.g. the level). So e.g. the combatant can wear level 2 of equipment only if he is also level 2.
This would mean, that I only have to define 1 Armor with a lot of levels (=getting better), and define that level in the loot table. But the player needs the required level for that armor-level.

Is this already possible?

If not, is there a chance to implement this in future? I am not sure, but I guess that a lot of ork-users would benefit from this feature. :)

Thanks.

Dominik
  • ...and also the sell prices should be dependent on the level of the equipment maybe?
    Think it is logical that a better equpment (due to it's level) increases the value? :)
  • Can't believe I haven't thought about that earlier :D
    Yeah, definitely a good idea to add that - overriding price settings and equip requirements per level should make it into the next update.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Perfect. :)
    Thank you very much GiL.
  • Hey,

I am little bit confused about Random Status Value Bonuses for the Level of Equipment:

I startet with my hero with lvl 10 in world. And added a weapon level 10 to him. Are the boni (Status boni) added from lvl 1- 9?
    And if an item lvl 10 drops from enemy, would that also have the boni from lvl 1-9 + the 10th level now?

• if so...
    then I have the problem that I will probably never get a weapon, armor with just one boni or without boni :/

it would be cool to just have a checkbox, which stands for: "Add previous status value bonuses". Then I could uncheck it and have just the boni for the current level :)

think it's not hard to implement and it would reduce the work of item generation a lot for ORK users. So if this is also possible I would thank you a lot :))
  • edited November 2015
    Well, it should add the bonuses from the previous levels as well - could be that it's currently not doing that ... will investigate :D

Edit: Checked the code and should already work like that, i.e. add bonuses from previous levels when creating a new higher level equipment in-game.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • yes. but I need the opposite effect for creating a lot of equipment.

in my game there is e.g. an iron sword. and this sword should be found for lvl 1 and for other levels (a simple weapon, which gets stronger when enemies have a higher level).
    Unfortunately the previous bonuses are added, so I will never have a simple weapon lvl 10 without status bonus (the chance from the previous levels are too high when sum up.

If that is not working (i mean boni generation without adding from previous levels), I have to create for each combatant level a iron sword. (incl. combinations of boni).

Therefore I suggested the checkbox to be more flexible :)

I think you mixed the situation in my previous comment :D

• Oh, ok - yeah, sounds reasonable, will add it in the upcoming update :)
  • Awesome :)

Thank you very much.
  • hi thank you for the update (2.5.9).
    I tried it immediately out and with armors it works really fine.

But in 'Weapon' my sword gets nevertheless (I think) all from the previous levels. (yes I have unselect the "Add Previous Levels" in all levels :)

my testcase:
    lvl 1: 3-3,
    lvl 2 : 4-6,
    lv 3 : 7-9,
    lvl 10 : 27-30

in summary I have something in the near of 157, which is a good value between the sum of all :)

thank you.
  • Is this a new weapon created (in-game), or one you already had (i.e. in a save game)? Naturally, the settings only affect weapons that aren't saved in a save game, as all their bonuses are saved with the weapon..
  • Always a new weapon. When I am testing I am using "Start New Game" at the beginning, and the start equipment of my character is a sword lvl %. And I am setting the level to 10 (27-30 physical damage), but in the stats I see more than 150.

• Yeah, sorry, my bad - mixed it up :D
    Enabling Add Previous Levels prevents adding the previous level random bonuses ... will fix that in the next update ...
  • :D ok, yeah that can happen

no problem. But thanks for the update.

Btw GiL. I have some performance issues since 2.5.9, and I am quite sure this relates to ORK. Because when I switch back to 2.5.8 I have a good framerate. When updating to 2.5.9 I have frame drops to 20-25 fps.

It is alway the GUI.Repaint function with GUIUtility.BeginGUI() and .EndGUI() which takes more than 30ms. This just happens when my character is changing the position.

My game is a little different:

When the character is moving the underground (google map tiles) is also moving (so player stays always at same position in unity, but the tiles of maps are moving as you can see in video.
    And this was done with 2.5.8, so good framerate.
    I deactivated all HUDs and everything, but something takes long time (the map alone works well without ork)

Have you changed some update routines in ork for gui repainting?

Thank you.
  • edited November 2015
    No, I haven't changed anything like that - and from the look of your video, you're using the new UI, the GUIUtility class is for the legacy GUI (and mostly in the editor).
    Post edited by gamingislove on