edited December 2015 in ORK Support
In Legacy GUI, I was able to switch between menu choices without any issues. Since the change to New UI, I've been unable to change my selection for conversation dialogues. I'm following the tutorials for setting up a quick game, and while I can use the menu and choose between items/equipment/status no problem, I cannot change my choices in conversation from the last on the list.

Oddly enough, if I invoke the main menu with ESC, I get a mouse cursor, which lets me choose the first option in a conversation dialogue.
Post edited by Jerseyware on
  • The highlighting of the selected choice needs to be set up in the UI button prefab you're using. Alternatively, you can also use the Choice Icon settings to display a selection icon on the selected choice.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I think it's setup already, it works in the main menu and in the game menu(inventory/equipment/etc). I can see the highlighted object changing with W/S and confirm with my Accept button (E key).

However, in an event-spawned dialogue guibox, I can't change my selection from the last in the list. I'm using the same button prefab across the board. The audio for changing selections plays but the highlighted object doesn't move.
  • You mean if you press down at the last choice it doesn't go up to the first choice?
    There's a Loop Selection option you need to enable in the Choice Settings of the GUI box you're using to allow that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I mean I can't change the selection at all. It's stuck on the last in the list. I can't go up or down, even with Loop Selection enabled.
  • Do you have an error message in the Unity console?
  • edited December 2015
    None that appear ORK related. To reiterate, this works fine in Menu Screens, and if I mouseover another option, I can then select options as normal.

Post edited by Jerseyware on
  • Can you give me some details on your dialogue's setup? Is there anything special there?
    Otherwise I'd need a small Unity test project where this happens.

Also, the first console message indicates that you're using a Spawn Player step without having set the player combatant first (by adding a combatant to the active player group using a Join Active Group step).
  • Here's the dialogue setup:

Called from this event when you press 'e' to interact:

This all follows the tutorial documentation. There are no special parameters or changes made to the game system to display the dialogue box. I'll put together a demo scene if this isn't enough, let me know. Thank you for taking the time to look into this.
  • Ok...I think this is because of the mouse being locked to the middle of the screen.

The menu options are top-left, the mouse is in the middle, where the bottom option is. Tested with a third option.

ESC released the mouse from the screen, I moved it Right until it was off the Game area and was able to make selections again with W and S.

I don't have the mouse as an input. Is there some way I might nullify it beyond the Player Controls I'm already blocking? Using UFPS.
  • edited December 2015
    Well, that's thanks to the new UI showing the highlighted state for the button you're hovering the mouse over.

You should still be able to select a different choice, though - it might just not be displayed due to the hover highlight. Or you have Mouse Over Selection in Menus > Menu Settings enabled.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • I've tried disabling Mouse Over Selection, but it's still sticking to the mouse. This is also affecting dialogue boxes that appear in mid-screen from the Game Menu, and I'm finding any selection can be affected if the mouse happens to be in the wrong place. Is there any way to solve this with ORK - disable or ignore mouse input when a dialogue/menu is open?
  • The just released ORK 2.6.0 got a new option (that's automatically enabled) to prevent the mouse over selection when the mouse cursor is locked.
    Hope that helps, otherwise I'll need to dig deeper :)
  • I'll update and test tonight. Thanks again!
  • So now it looks like I can change my options, and the highlight moves, but the mouse still highlights the center option. The game respects the keyboard selected option. Oddly enough, I can change my selection with the mouse in the Menu screen, but it's stuck center in dialogue boxes.

And a new issue(bug?) since updating to 2.6.0: when the menu opens, the tutorial navigation bar closes. when it comes back, it's blank(no separators or nwes). it only shows new icons when they're discovered.
  • Well, the mouse over will show the button as highlighted in the new UI - but that's not ORK's selection. You could get rid of that by not using a different highlighted color in your button's prefab and use ORK's choice icon settings instead.

The bug is probably coming from the big changes to the new UI system in ORK 2.6.0 (using pooling to improve performance). There are most likely still a lot of other things not working correctly, will fix it in the next update.