edited December 2015 in Makinom Support
Hey, I'm not sure why the Makinom's input keys are acting weirdly. I created an input key M, and upon entering a box trigger, I have a schematic that if I press M, a dialogue will pops out. It works great, but then when I built the game and played it again, it's not working. It's like the input just stop working. Whenever I pressed M while walking, my player also stopped for a moment before I can control it again. This also never happens in the game mode.
Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • Can you give me more details on your input key's setup, the schematic and machine setup?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2015
    My input setting is simple. Input ID to 0, Origin is key code, axis factor to 1, positive key to M, negative set to none, and the handling is down. Time out is 0.

For my schematic, for now it's a simple one. I just have a Input key node with the pressing of M attached to a dialogue node.

The Machine setup is pretty simple too. Just have a trigger machine on a cube, with trigger enter and trigger stay enabled. Start by Collider and Start by Trigger enabled. The rest are leave as default.

But ahh I found out that it's not because of the built game, it's because of the main menu scene. Everything will work fine if I test directly from the scene, but if I go from the main menu scene to the scene, the above problems will happen. Any idea why? I got a Makinom game starter in both the scene and the main menu scene.
    Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • edited December 2015
    Ok - test project please :D
    Also, for which platform are you building?
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Sent, and the details are also in the email :D
  • edited December 2015
    Alright - simple solution:
    Don't use the Dig (M) input key as Pause Key in Base/Control > Game Controls.

That's most likely a result of changing the settings of the first input key (index 0) to your dig key. Usually, this input key is the None key (i.e. receiving no input at all) and is used to disable/not use all the input key settings used elsewhere.
    I'd recommend to always keep the first input key as the None key in Makinom and ORK, otherwise you might activate a feature that you don't want :)

Why that's only happening when you go through the main menu scene is also pretty simple - the Makinom game starter in the main menu scene has Start Game enabled (which also enables using the pause key), the one in the scene doesn't start the game, thus pause key is not used :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Oh I never knew that. That solved it. Thanks a lot for checking it out and the advice!