Hi everybody,

I am very interested in ORK but would like to know more before purchasing it. Hope you guys can help me out.

1. Is it possible to assign special abilities to characters which can be used during normal gameplay (not battlers) like in Southpark: Stick of Truth or Costume Quest? E.g. one character can use telekinesis to bend stuff. This way little puzzles can be integrated into the game.

2. Is it possible to switch between characters of your party?

3. Can ORK be used for 2D Games as well like Southpark or only 3D?

4. From the demo it is hard to judge the full scope of the real time battle system: Is it possible to implement additional movements like dodge or hard/light attacks?

5. Is it possible to implement Turn Based Battles in combination with quicktime events, e.g. probability of hitting rises when you hit the button at the perfect moment. This feature is also used in Southpark and Costume Quest.

Thanks in advance!
  • 1. Yes, It can.
    2. Yep, It's possible.
    3. Working with 2D as well some user make in real production.
    4. Yes you can add more step in ORK Battle Event.
    5. Yes, It can by use Input step and limit time.

In ORK Gameplay Tutorials showing how to use ORK in different gameplay mechanics.
    Maybe you'll get any idea from this tutorials. :)

orkframework.com/tutorials/gameplay-tutorials/
    Playmaker and Behavior Designer Integration for ORK Famework
    http://www.gamekakkak.com
  • Additionally:

4) This can be done in different ways, e.g. dodge is probably more suited in a custom control script and not as an ability. Things like hard/light attacks can be done by using different abilities, or by changing the Damage Factor in the Calculate step of your battle event (e.g. if the player presses an input key in time, set the damage factor to 2 to do double damage).

5) See the last part in my answer for 4 :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!