Let's say I want an object to trigger an event when activated and then disappear forever after that event is done, even after reloading the map.

I have set up the event as usual and then I have set the following:

Then I have tried to set the variable condition:

But probably this doesn't do what I think it does because the object is always destroyed regardless of the TutorialFought value.

I tried to change the value of IsValid but the event keeps respawning every time the area is reloaded.

How do I do this properly?
  • Change the Value Type of the variable key to Value. Currently you're using the value of the game variable TutorialFought as variable key (which is probably empty).
    You can learn more about this in the game variable how-to.

Also, in the variable condition, you'll want to disable Is Valid, as the event should perform when the variable isn't set and deleted if it's set :)
    The variable conditions define under which conditions the event can start, if the condition fails and Auto Destroy is enabled, the game object is destroyed.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2016
    I changed the value type to value but now the event doesn't disappear anymore after being triggered, it does however disappear when the scene is reloaded, unless I set it to repeat the check every second, which is weird because it at least used to disappear right away
    Post edited by MaddoScientisto on
  • There's the Deactivate After Event option in the event interaction for that :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Which was already set apparently, I was always able to repeat events even though that flag was always set for some reason
  • That's strange - working fine here.