edited February 2016 in ORK Support
Hi,
I would like to use EventInteractions with the TriggerEnter Start-Type to show up the "Interaction"-HUD which would start a dialog if I click on it. The problem with TriggerEnter is that it starts immediately the event (and so the dialog)

Unfortunately the Start Type: 'Interaction' doesn't really fit in my case.
The problem is that when choosing 'Interaction' the HUD is displayed if the colliders of both elements intersect (that's good), but I can also click with the mouse on my enemy when the colliders are not intersecting with each other. (and the dialog will appear)

I think this has something to do with the Game->GameSettings->Max Click Distance parameter. I tried out various things, but couldn't solve it. Is it really bound on that click distance, I always thought this has to do with the interaction controller attached to my character?

So the question is to use an Event Interaction, which just displays a clickable HUD, and this starts the event 'Dialog'.

I couldn't find a node for this in the node editor, or maybe there is a better way doing this?

I am still using 2.6.2 of ORK, because had problems with status attributes... but I also tried it with 2.6.3 and had the same issue.

Best regards,
Dominik
Post edited by widnig89 on
  • If you don't want allow clicking, set the Max Click Distance to 0. To allow clicking without a distance ckeck, use -1.

The behaviour you want is achieved through the Interaction Controller on the player and displaying an Interaction type HUD that has Interact on Click enabled.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ah. I am sorry. I did a lot of changes and trying different things out, so that I forgot to reset a checkbox at the end.^^

Ok. But now I get it, it works when I use Max Click Disance = 0 and Interact on Click enabled. Then the interaction can just be achieved by an intersection of Interaction Controller and Collider.

Thank you very much.