Sorry for the generic title.

ORK is really great, but I have some problems when limited on mobile RPGs.
* You just have one input key and this is the "Accept Key"

A case where this leads to a problem is the equipment part viewer:
I would like to give the user feedback which item he/she has current equipped, but that's in my point of view not possible.

Another case is the battle menu:
I am confronted with 2 problems here...
* I would also like to give the user feedback about the chosen ability/item. But when I click on an ability/item I am forwarded to the Combatant selection, and the "Description" (where this should be shown) is immediately gone.
For both cases a Submenu would be great, where you can define buttons (e.g. in battle menu: "Use", "Cancel", in equipment part viewer: "Unequip", "Cancel",...)

* Also I am using Sub-Menu Boxes to display boxes differently: e.g. a grid-view for abilities and a row-view for abiltiy types
It's cool to define for each a different gui box, but the content layout is always the same, but in the grid view I just want to display a icon with info, and in the row view I want to display e.g. the icon, text and info.

Also I would like to mention is that it is not possible to just select buttons in the menu when touching those.
Maybe a "time duration" for a click can be set, and if the touch/click would exceed this time limit, a select is performed instead of a click?

Maybe I am missing in the above statements something and someone can help me finding these things in ORK.

But if they are not existing, it would be great if such elements can be handled in ORK.

Think all mobile developers would have benefits for implemeting their great games. :)

Thank you,

Kind regards,
Dominik

• There's the Select First setting in the Choice Settings of your GUI boxes - when it's enabled, you can only accept previously selected choices.
    I.e. in a mobile environment, the first touch would select the choice (displaying descriptions, etc.), the 2nd touch would use/accept it.

Displaying icons or texts in menus is handled by the Content Layout settings for the various menu parts and their boxes. By default, they all display icon and text, but you can change that to only display the icon, only the text or a custom version (i.e. a defind text using text codes to display the content).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2016
    Thanks for the fast response:
    gamingislove said: There's the Select First setting in the Choice Settings of your GUI boxes - when it's enabled, you can only accept previously selected choices.
    Yes I know that behaviour and it works great.
    But what I don't like, is that I also have to confirm the back button.
    A "exclude the back button" property with this setting would be awesome :)

Also if an ability is not available at the current round (e.g due to cooldown), I am not able to click on that inactive choice and see the description, which would be in some cases helpful.

___
    gamingislove said: Displaying icons or texts in menus is handled by the Content Layout settings for the various menu parts and their boxes.
    Can you show me where/how do you do this for a battle menu with sub-menu boxes to assign each Sub-Box an individuell Content Layout? I cannot find this.

---

What I am also trying to achieve is, that the target selection in a turn based battle can be performed by just clicking on the combatant. I have found in Battle Settings->Target Selection->Target Menu-> Use Menu. I have unchecked this now, but the result is now, that the combatant selection is opened and closed (flipping) all the time? Do I have to set something else? I am using ork with the new ui.
    And due I am on mobile, I also would like to have just a small GUI with the back-button. So that when the player doesn't want to attack the enemy, he/she can still go back to the battle-main menu.

---

It would be also helpful, if I can add the title in the Battle Menus->Description Settings, otherwise I have just the description of the ability and not the name. I tried %n but that doesn't work. Maybe a "Show description" could also be dependent on the current shown sub-menu box, so that each sub-menu box has its own description settings?
    Post edited by widnig89 on
  • The content layout is currently only available for the whole battle menu. I'll look into adding it for sub-menus of the battle menu as well. I'll also look into the other suggestions :)

The battle menu being opened/closed all the time is a bug when using the new UI, will be fixed in the upcoming update.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • thank you so much GiL. :)