Is it possible in ORK to control each axis (x,y,z) separately? Like just change z to be in a positive to negative value range? I hope i am saying this right. Trying to make a model do a loop like maneuver in the air.

• In the event system, the Curve Move step can be used for that. Otherwise you'll need to either script your own steps, or use Makinom (which allows limiting movement to defined axes).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2016
    GiL or anyone,

1) What do the curve choices, listed for the Curve Move step, mean? I am not familiar with what the curves are describing??

2) Can You tell me how exactly i would use the curve move step in events to affect the Z axis for the players keys? Say i wanted the vertical key to be the down arrow and have the object loop in the air on the z axis when pressed .

3) Can events be associated with the input keys? If so how? Didnt see any way to attach the curve event to an player input key. Questions 2 and 3 maybe the same thing. Not sure i am asking it right here.

Post edited by GamesRus on
  • If you want to create player controls, i'd strongly recommend using Makinom or writing your own scripts for that. ORK's event system isn't really meant for this kind of thing (but can still be used for it).

Also, the Curve Move may allow you to individually change the axes, but you could still do that with other steps as well, e.g. the Move Into Direction step, with just moving the game object up or down (i.e. Y=1 or Y=-1).

1) Curves describe the change of a value over time. E.g. in the curve move, the curve describe the change of an axis (e.g. the X-axis) over time. The values and duration you define with the curve are used to change the axis.

2) Input in events is handled with the Wait For Input node. Use the curve move (or a different movement step) afterwards.

3) There are 2 ways to do that. Global events have the Key event type to start them on a key press, and Event Interaction components have the Key Press start type.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I did buy a copy of Makinom a while back. Just haven't used it yet.
    1) How do i use the Makinom / Ork Plugin to use makinom with ORK to assign the Player controls vertical key to be the up/down arrows and have the object loop in the air (move on the z axis when pressed) ? I still am using ork as my main system to do my game. Its just that i have a plane in the game that flies.
    2) is there a tutorial or how too to use the plugin?
  • 1) Set up a Makinom schematic doing your control stuff and use it in a Tick Machine with Update start type enabled. Use an Input Key node to check for the input and one of the movement nodes to move the machine's game object. The machine component would be added to whatever you want to control with it, e.g. your plane.
    Additionally, you might want only have the plane fly when the player uses it, i.e. either using game state or variable conditions.

Otherwise, you can also use an Interaction Machine with the Key Press start type - in that case you don't need to handle the input in the schematic.

2) How the plugin is set up in Makinom and ORK can be found here. You'll only need the plugin in case you want to connect ORK and Makinom (e.g. starting a Makinom schematic from an ORK event). If you just use Makinom machines in addition to ORK, the plugin isn't needed.