Hello,

I have a few questions about groups, but I thought I would write up my full goal in case there is a better approach to this.

I'm using a custom combat solution and the way the game works is In ORK map you have several Player Combatants you can control(each combatant represents a party of 1~6 combatants) and when you approach enemy combatant you start a combat sequence. This loads a new map and fight plays out, you either win, loose or flee and you return to your ORK map.

So my goal with ORK is to
1) abstract one combatant with a group of combatants. So one figure on the map represents a group of combatants (he has party in his inventory).
2) Spawn this group on my battle map
3) After battle return to ORK map without loosing current status values of combatants. (EI if player team had their health reduced, but they fled the combat before game could finish, when they return to ork map the group has their health reduction saved)

So in this terms how do groups work? When you create a group and spawn it on the map is a new instance of combatant created with it's own status values etc? Or does it take values from group?
How can you assign a group to become Player group via script?
Can I access list of combatants within a group from script?

Thanks,
  • ORK allows having multiple player groups - they're managed through the PlayerHandler class, accessible through ORK.Game.PlayerHandler.

Each group is identified through an ID, the default player group with ID 0 will be added automatically at the start of the game.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!