I find it to be very tedious to make the formulas by connecting the boxes. I am familiar with C#, is there a way I can code them directly?

Also, is there a way to pull outside variables into the game for use by the framework?

Suppose I want my characters HP to be a multiple of the temperature in his current town (which I pulled from the web via C#). Is there a way to pull this value into the formulas for use in the framework?

Thanks
  • edited March 2016
    You can use the Check Function, Check Field, and Field to Variable event steps to call functions and get data from your own components.

I don't think you can do #1. You get used to it; I used to wish I could just do them in C# as well.
    Post edited by Keldryn on
  • edited March 2016
    You can write your own formula nodes, i.e. write your formulas as C# code and have just that one node in your formula.
    Formula nodes have to be in the namespace ORKFramework.Formulas.Steps to be found by ORK, just having the script in your Unity project is enough. For an example it's best to check out the formula nodes included in the ORK gameplay code.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!