Hello,

I'm trying to build a screen where in one gui box you have list of abilities you learned. (I used Abilties menu page)
In another list of abilities you can learn from Ability Tree.(I used ability tree page)

I have several problems here
1) When I learn new ability from ability tree window, the ability window with learned abilities is not updating. You need to close and reopen screen to update it.
2) I added some abilities to combatant from Attack&Abilties->Ability Development-> Add ability and ability tree does not recognize those as learned. you get option to learn ability second time.
3) I enabled tooltip in menuscreen pages but it's not displayed, where is option to configure it?

Also what is the difference between ability tree and ability development. ?
Thanks,
  • 1) I can confirm that, will be fixed in the next update.

2) Can't confirm that. Learned abilities will be recognized - however, the Ability Tree menu part also displays abilities that can be leveled up (i.e. that have multiple levels and can be leveled up by Spend) if Show Level Up is enabled.

3) Tooltips are displayed by Tooltip type HUDs, if you didn't set up one of those, the tooltips wont be displayed.

The difference between ability trees and ability development is simple - ability development automatically let combatants learn abilities at the defined level or class level, while ability trees require the player to actively select which abilities to learn. Also, ability trees allow setting up requirements for learning abilities (e.g. at least level 10 and having learned another ability), as well as costs (e.g. consume experience or items).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you, and I noticed there is menu part "Status Value Upgrades"
    Is there a mechanic to upgrade status values directly?
  • No, only the Status Value Upgrade menu part that use the Upgrade Settings defined in the status development the combatant uses (Status > Status Development).
    However, you can also use the event system (Change Status Value step) to change status values, changes to Normal type values are permanent.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!