edited April 2016 in General Discussion
Kia ora

As I have already brought a tool like this for the same price only to find I DON'T have the coding skills to drive it, that a waste of $100 buck. As I'm new to Unity I got me some help by getting some assets, not always the best plan it seems. I have and use the "Third Person Controller Templates" by Invector and brought the Adam and Eva animated char set which have 86 animation on each char, eating drinking sleeping fighting etc, the whole kit so to speak, I'm not sure if those would be more problem than help with this kit. I want to create an Elder Scrolls style of world ( NO NOT elder Scrolls. Elder Scrolls Style) so may people say it not legal to make Elder Scrolls I'm making it clear it the style I'm after, been in to then since Morrowind. Anyhow I'ver started and got the beginning of an open world (not large, only little ole me ok). I'd like to drop a char creation menu in front that put the selected char at game start, even if that be flat on their on a beach face looking like a downed rat, (hell) in a prison or under a hangman's noose. This gonna make it doable with a lotta learning and hard work on my part?. bit put of by the light speed video's tuts, I don't read at 150 words a min.
but learn better for media than written words, it's a memory thing, happen after 50 55 I think it is.

Slowed the video way way down,.. much easier to follow. Looks like somit I can handle so took the plunge, sorry your stuck with me now
Post edited by Kiwi_Hawk on
  • edited April 2016
    Welcome @Kiwi_Hawk to the ORK Framework family, I would recommend you to go through the tutorial section to have a better look of what this framework can offer.
    Integration with third party Third Person Controller can be easily done, I have almost all of them and I´ve been playing with them to see how they fit with ORK. Invector´s is NOT one of my favorites since it add several components that we don´t need when using ORK Framework (maybe I should ask Invector if they are willing to add better integration like Opsive TPC did).
    For the type of game you are planning to do the ORK Real Time Battle is what you want to learn in depth.
    Although ORK Framework does not requires "programming" skills I always think that using Visual Scripting, Events driven nodes, etc is pretty much the same, since you need to apply programming logic after all.
    You can start testing with the ORK Framework free version to see if suites your needs before purchasing.
    Post edited by RustedGames on
  • Thanks for the reply,.. I slowed the video and took a look, looks similar to what I have but also looks easier to use so I did bust my bank lol I have a copy now so I'm gonna need to get to know it