edited May 2016 in Makinom Support
Greetings all!

Objective: When player stands on platform, the platform moves and the player moves with the platform. Good for elevators, moving bridges etc.. the player must retain movement capabilities during the movement

I've managed to get the platform moving in ORK,

To make the player move with the platform i'm using Makinom > Smooth Follow in either a Tick Machine or Collision machine , when my platform moves the player is moved all around it. But not on it. Is what I want to do possible in Makinom? (or Ork?)
Post edited by artainx on
ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.
  • edited April 2016
    Smooth Follow isn't suited for that - it's more for stuff like letting a camera follow the player with smoothing.

The most common solution for platform mechanics would be parenting the player to the platform, i.e. using a Mount Object node. E.g. add a trigger on the platform, using 2 trigger machines (enter > mount, exit > unmount). Same with ORK :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2016
    Thank you - this works!

However the character or object that is being parented deforms greatly while mounted.

Before being mounted. Image won't load - here is the link http://imgur.com/a/XjQ84
    The first Image is Unmounted.

While being Mounted - 2nd image on the above link.

Here are my Mount settings - I've played with the various settings for Place Object - made it worse.

image Link cause picture won't load. http://imgur.com/Y1ryTci

Also I have shrunk/enlarged the isTrigger box collider with no effect.
    Post edited by artainx on
  • After more testing - i've noticed that if I move to certain areas on the platform after the player is mounted - the player will return to its proper scale until I move it out of the 'sweet spot'.

I've paused game and looked at colliders - some of my character colliders are IN the isTrigger box while the weapon is outside of the isTrigger box.

I've shrunk the platform isTrigger collider to be smaller or larger without any effect.
  • When a game object is mounted to another, it'll be affected by the parent object's scale.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks!

I changed the scale of my platform to default 1. Works :)