edited June 2016 in ORK Support
Hello, I'm fairly new to ORK Framework, and honestly new to Forum participation in general so I hope I'm putting this in the right category. I'm working on two game concepts both featuring a way to play other games within the game itself. An example of one is where the player in the main game will interact with an object that will then open an entirely different sub game. The challenge to this is that when the sub game is opened, the player should be able to save and exit the game and be brought right back to the main game. Any ideas on how to potentially accomplish this would be wonderful. Thanks in advance!

Earl
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • It's more of a support question - the tips, tricks & tutorials section is for sharing your tips/tutorials with others :)

Theoretically possible, but depends on the type of sub game you want. When managing your sub game with ORK (e.g. using the event system and game variables), ORK will also store that data with save games. Otherwise you'll need a custom solution.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • In Dead Gear I'm planning and working on a few NES-like mini-games that the player can access and play. The mini-games are also built using ORK/Makinom, so I mostly handle it with just ORK (and Makinom!) variables without a problem, like GiL mentions.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Thanks GiL and Kirb for the responses (and for moving the discussion)! I was thinking about creating the sub games separately and integrating them together somehow, but I'm not quite sure how I'd go about that. I was thinking there might be a way to create a separate save/load system for each sub game in ORK, but as far as I can tell (and my understanding is still in its infancy) I can't have more than one save system in the ORK Framework Editor. I'll probably have to go with C# to accomplish that, hopefully that won't be too complicated.
  • You can create a separate saving system by using Unity's PlayerPrefs. E.g. you can use the PlayerPrefs event steps (Add > Value > PlayerPrefs) to store ORK game variables into PlayerPrefs and load them from there.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That sounds promising. I'll have to try and test that to see if I can make it work for what I need it for. Thanks again!

Earl